Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac just doesn't connect with no reason

I was trying hard to use Synergy2 for last week, I have a Win10 PC and a MacBook Pro,

at first, I can only log in Synergy2 on Mac, so I create a support ticket while looking for a solution on Internet, three days after I solve this out by reading a post on this forum.

Then I found out sometime Synergy2 on Mac just doesn't connect with no reason, then I found I can restart Mac to resolve this problem, but it's very annoying since you don't want to restart computer every time just to use Synergy2, and this happens a lot. That's not all, then I found if I press any key on Mac's keyboard when I share Mouse and Keyboard from Windows, Synergy2 just disconnect instantly. This means even after I solve all the log in and connection issues, it still very unreliable to use, not mention the support ticket, I only receive one response says they need more time since there are too much support requests right now, and I got no solution in more than one week.

I bought Synergy2 more than half year and really surprised after half year I can only just barely use it and it's just unstable, also support ticket are not very helpful.

So I installed Synergy1 today, it took me about a minute to install and few minutes to figure out how to connect since I haven't used it for many years, then I make it works in ten minutes, it's stable and easy to use, also in case some people didn't know, it supports drag and drop files between computers which I think Synergy2 can not, I also feel mouse is more responsive when using Synergy1.

I know there are some people try hard to get Synergy2 work just like me, so just a reminder that Synergy1 still works really great nowadays and I'm happy using it.

JDDoesIT

This is an issue that has been brought up by the community and there are several threads on it, some with information on how they got their issues resolved.

I would encourage you to scour those and see if your issue can be rectified.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@SKY Hey, I renamed your post to "Mac just doesn't connect with no reason" as it looks like that's actually the issue you're having. Hope that's ok!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 4/10/2018 at 5:15 AM, SKY said:

I created a new support ticket last Friday and still not get a reply, also I posted this thread and got no solution.

Sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience. We're a little snowed under with tickets right now, but we're working our way through them.