Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0.8 - screensaver stopped working

Ken Jordan

Hello.  I upgraded to the latest Synergy on my imac and macbook pro and now my screensavers (on both systems) stopped working.  I was unable to even get them started by moving the cursor to a hot corner.  The only workaround was to stop the synergy services on both systems.  I searched the forum (and google) and only found old references to this type of issue (2015 timeframe).  Is this a known issue?  And, is there a better workaround or fix?  Thank you, Ken

GranPaSmurf

Coordinating screensavers was a great feature on version 1. It's not yet supported on Version 2.

I use a screensaver on my Synergy server screen. In practice, it doesn't work so well. It seems the screensaver is reading activity on a linked computer or is aware of the Synergy action on the server computer. It doesn't kick in until I've left the room for a while.

You might want to post on https://symless.com/forums/forum/18-feature-ideas/

My idea was to have the Synergy monitors share the same background image. But neither yours or mine is likely to show up before version 2.1 that is still a few months away.

Ken Jordan

What you're saying makes sense, however, in my situation, neither system was being actively used within the screensaver timeout period. 

UPDATE:

I just restarted the synergy services on both systems and now the screensaver is working if I move the cursor to a hot corner.  In fact, the screensaver on both systems activated simultaneously if I move my imac cursor to the hot corner.  So, now i'm a little confused as to why it wasn't working last night.  I uploaded the logs and registered an accompanying bug earlier today.  Maybe the logs will show something useful from last night related to the screensaver.  The log time to check out would be just prior to shutting the services down last night...

GranPaSmurf

This is strange. Did you uninstall version 1 before installing version 2?

Screensavers nor hot-corners are supported on Verizon 2. yet. Synergy leaves behind some configuration files. 

It sounds as if your new installation is making use of some old configuration. Tha's really off the wall.

If you like what you see, I wouldn't touch anything.

Ken Jordan

No, I did not uninstall version 1.  So maybe that's the issue being in a mixed world on both Mac's. 

Perhaps a feature request is (sort of) resolved!  :-)