Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Enhance the new tray icon

2 minutes ago, jml said:

Great idea, if there _was_ a main config window.

I mean as in this Window

k3yIdhdQ_2FrI7Ir7lm6vFV6RFzzGv0oPM8DxNV3

Edited by Nelly
GranPaSmurf

Good idea Nelly,

the tray icon should also have the option to open the Synergy GUI, as you demonstrated

1 hour ago, Steve Williams said:

Yes, we are aware of this. We wanted to get something out first and add to it later. Glad you are using the tray though. 

Thanks Steve, yes having the tray is definitely a good thing, good to hear there are already plans to expand it.

freakolowsky

Personally i'd really welcome if the tray icon would be more active i.e.: if you're on your local screen all icons stay default, but if you mouse over to another screen your local and target icons change to something that shows who's master and who's slave.

Just the other day locked my desktop and then tried to put my laptop to sleep, but i didn't notice that my mouse was on another computer and the signals were being sent to that computer and i thought my computer froze.

GranPaSmurf

xD Years ago, I went through the same thing back with version 1. That's the day I learned what happens when I accidentally hove the scroll-lock button activated!

Having the tray icon track location's a neat idea IMHO!!! Perhaps configurable so that you could have key status (like scroll/caps) or which-host-has-control... ?

GranPaSmurf

In an earlier post, I think Steve wrote that more options were in the works for the tray icon. This is just the first version. So all these comments are going to be helpful to the developers.

• 3 weeks later...
IT Troll

I agree, being able to launch the main GUI is a no brainer.

Would also be nice to have a pop-up when a new version is available - I hardly ever run the main GUI. Pop-up notifications for connectivity events might also be useful.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, IT Troll said:

I agree, being able to launch the main GUI is a no brainer.

Totally agree!

• Like 1