Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Questions about v2 features compared to v1

maneskiold

Hi, I tried Synergy 2 beta a while ago, and it missed some features I use a lot with version 1.

1. Switch between screens with Hotkeys
  2. Lock cursor to screen (i believe there was a shortcut for this in the beta)
  3. "Don't take foreground window on Windows server"
    1. I use this to avoid Games from Minimizing while I use the second computer with Synergy.

I can ofc uninstall Synergy1 and test this myself, but was hoping someone could answer if these features are available Synergy 2 now? They don't need to be settable or configurable really, just that Synergy acts like I want it to act.

Cheers and thanks,

Andreas

GranPaSmurf

Synergy 2.07 allows the use of 'scroll-lock' to keep the cursor on whatever screen you want.

Hotkey mapping is planned for version 2.1 that is still expected around May. As for 'don't take foreground...' , I haven't even seen it being discussed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
maneskiold
On 3/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, GranPaSmurf said:

Synergy 2.07 allows the use of 'scroll-lock' to keep the cursor on whatever screen you want.

Hotkey mapping is planned for version 2.1 that is still expected around May. As for 'don't take foreground...' , I haven't even seen it being discussed.

Sorry for the absense and thank you for your response.

I installed Synergy2, and all of the stuff I needed works well in current release.

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1