Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Rollback from 2.0.7 to 1.8.8 falling

rlebrette

Hi, 

I tryed to upgrade my install from 1.x to 2.x but faced the lack of corporate proxy support. So I'm trying to go back to my previous setup based on 1.x.

It worked perfectly on two boxes, but the third is failing, I've uninstalled everything, checked most of the registry keys that could be related to synergy or symless.

The 2.x uninstall doesn't appear anymore, there's no more windows service trace, but the 1.x installer is still claiming that 2.x is still running... 

What does it check?

GranPaSmurf

It sounds to me like that computer has some lingering Synergy files.

I'd go through it again.

I'm lazy, I use a free installer program., Revo Installer.

GranPaSmurf

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if you reinstalled 2.0 then Revo uninstalled it. Then installed ver 1.0

rlebrette

Thx for the idea, but unfortunately it doesn't help. The 2.x installer is also failing now, It starts without any error notices, notifies that it is backing up some stuff, and stop before installing anything, it states that the product has been installed. There's no trace in filesystem nor in Windows installed application.

It would help to know what this installer is checking for...

Edited by rlebrette
GranPaSmurf

Others have posted that, when doing an in-place update, when the installer halts, they stop the existing Synergy service. Then the installer works.   https://symless.com/forums/topic/5429-problem-updating-to-207-win-10/?do=findComment&comment=24624 

But that is not the way you are installing, right?

Edited by GranPaSmurf
rlebrette

No the installer is not stuck, it's just exiting after the first installation phase.

Indeed I installed the software on another box to see how it works normally. It seems to run a first phase then the second phase is really installing the software.