Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and Drop not working on 2.0.6- Stable

GranPaSmurf

Hetal, version 2.07 just became available for download. Let's get you to the current version first.

However, Drag n Drop is not available yet. You can cut/paste as much as you can put in your clipboard, but the file transfer is planned for a later update.

oh! i see thanks so much for the reply

good to know...

i bought the 2.0 version thinking Draga & Drop future is available.  no worries,  i will keep updating to new version. ( copy and past were working fine for me on V1 and v2)

I did not know drag and drop had been ..um...deauthorised? Disapproved? Whatever the word is...anyway I used it 2 or 3 times yesterday and the files were corrupted . I also had many crashes yesterday but have only been using 2.0 for 3 days, and have been using other software (Cubase Pro 9.5) new to my El Capitan computer, so I was blaming.

I have trashed prefs and found 2 synergy  .plist files on 1 computer, with almost identical file names. Must have accidentally created a second one during previous set up of Synergy 2...or I failed to remove 1 after removing v.1.7.  

I now have my first new start in which both machines showed the same window straight off,  I clicked 1 place as diected, and both machines said thank you you are ready to use Synergy. Hopefully today will be go better ..?

Please remove my post if off topic, ie crashes  not likely to be caused by drag and dropping.

Edited by Jenny C
GranPaSmurf

Clipboard Cut and Paste works on Synergy 2.0.7, but Drag and Drop file transfer isn't expected until version 2.1. it will probably be late Fall before we see it.

Thanks Granpa. I'm confused though ... I bought the Pro (cost me about (NZ$65) because of the Drag and Drop feature...and I've been using it, or trying to, ever since...perhaps that explains some of my problems?

btw since my fresh start I have been using the programmes I mentioned for the last 2 hours without difficulty. Synergy was not required till I switched to this machine 10 mins ago,but wake up was not too slow, and movement the two screens  is instantaneous...the two screens are alomost touching, and they behave as 1 screen currently :). Hoping this continues...and I will not attempt to drag and drop...How big a file can be copied

I accidentally forgot and tried to drag a small file across. It disappeared somewhere and I had some problems shortly after. I tried trashing prefs files again but couldn't find them on this machine, I can't remember about the other. Nothing was working at onepoint so I trashed the app from both computers but it didn't ask me to log in as it has before. It seemed to start up ok anyway but a few things odd. Forone thing, I no longer have "Quit Synergy" as on the menu bar icon's dropdown. I decided to shot down both computers, but this failed to quit cos I had not noticed an app still running on its external monitor that was asleep. 

I just came back and woke this one up, and tried to reboot the other, the iMac with El Capitan. It showed "kernel cache not found" or something, and offered me Disk Repair or online Reinstall. I did Disk Repair and it restarted ok, saying Synergy had crashed. And then Synergy opened, lookng normal.

However, my last disk failed completely recently, and I don't want to risk losing this brand new SSD, so I want to stop Synergy running at all for now.

What is the best way to do this? I am rather scared to use trial and error on the iMac right now. 

I may hear from Support tomorrow as it will be Monday for them then and I put in a request yesterday, but I would really appreciate any Mac users advice in particular.

Edit- I just decided to select "Disable Synergy". What does that do?

Edited by Jenny C

Update re the above post - I decided "Disable" was effectively Quit (?) and deleted the app from both computers and reinstalled on both, just in case I'd corrupted something. For some reason I only found a .plist file on one machine...perhaps it doesn't always create that file?

So. Another fresh start, and NO DRAG AND DROPPING.

I hope that was the reason for this last crash, at least.

But it may be that the MIDI Audio Sampling programmes I am using, notoriously heavy which is why their CPU usage needs to be spread over two computers, are just not suitable for my old iMac and OS; or maybe they don't leave room in the network for Synergy, which appears to work beautifully in between crashes.