Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac as Server, Ubuntu as client, not working many issues

Hi,

I have had constant problems with Synergy 2 from Day 1. I have had the following:

The mouse / keyboard not moving across screens 

The random mouse movements on both screens at the same time

The loss of connection to the background service

Inability to connect to the client from the server machine.

Synergy 1 was pretty smooth between Mac > PC, I prefered the ability to have more settings than have 0.

Anyway, Pasted my log to pastebin. 

https://pastebin.com/raw/FBrcd1FG

I started to get really erratic mouse movements where the mouse / keyboard would affect both screens at the same time at the 2018-02-27T16:39:02 mark

Any help would be much appreciated. this is for our CCTV system and so far, our security team have had a massive headache with this and I feel really bad for making them put up with it  and manually swapping mice and keyboards between the machines...

Just now, GranPaSmurf said:

are you using 2.06?

Yep, on both machines. The erratic mouse movements across both screens started happening after upgrading to 2.0.6

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
2 hours ago, EWA said:

Yep, on both machines. The erratic mouse movements across both screens started happening after upgrading to 2.0.6

What other apps are you running on the Mac? Is the Mac WiFi? Is the Mac running in client mode?

15 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

What other apps are you running on the Mac? Is the Mac WiFi? Is the Mac running in client mode?

It happens at start up. We had both the WiFi and ethernet enabled on the Mac, Ethernet only on the Ubuntu machine. I have disconnected the WiFi adapter on the Mac The Mac is the server. Both machines are on the same local network and sitting right next to eachother. 

I first configured this setup with version 2.0.4 on both machines. It was working okay.... but the connection would drop by itself and I would always have to reconnect the kyboard to the Ubuntu machine and restart the synergy service and it would work again, for a while. its proven quite troubling