Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Auto start on Linux before login

reviving this. I'm trying to get this auto starting, however it doesn't seem to be using the TLS encryption. I tried doing what Earwig mentioned to copy the TrustedServers.txt file to the /.synergy/SSL/Fingerprints folder, but on my synergy server, when the service is ran from the client i get a 

ERROR: tls error occurred (system call failure)
ERROR: failed to accept secure socket
WARNING: client connection may not be secure

below is my service file. I feel like i'm close, but not sure what to do. Running the app from the debian desktop works fine

[Unit]
Description=Synergy Service
After=network.target

[Service]
User=root
Group=root
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "XAUTHORITY=/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 /usr/bin/synergyc --no-daemon -n CLIENTNAME IPADDRESS:24800"

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marcelo

• Xerotope

• Nick Bolton

• bvstone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though some features are not available yet, I've found that since the launch of Synergy 2 that the Symless team has continuously worked to improve on its reliability and efficacy. My personal phi

Hi,   just installed latest release synergy2. And I'm almost happy - get it working for my windows 10 and xubuntu 17.10 machines. But one thing still is not working as expected: On linux syn

Second this. Especially important when you're linux box is without its own keyboard and mouse.

J-Air
On 1/4/2023 at 3:15 PM, champ said:

reviving this. I'm trying to get this auto starting, however it doesn't seem to be using the TLS encryption. I tried doing what Earwig mentioned to copy the TrustedServers.txt file to the /.synergy/SSL/Fingerprints folder, but on my synergy server, when the service is ran from the client i get a 

ERROR: tls error occurred (system call failure)
ERROR: failed to accept secure socket
WARNING: client connection may not be secure

below is my service file. I feel like i'm close, but not sure what to do. Running the app from the debian desktop works fine

[Unit]
After=network.target

[Service]
User=root
Group=root
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "XAUTHORITY=/var/run/lightdm/root/:0 /usr/bin/synergyc --no-daemon -n CLIENTNAME IPADDRESS:24800"

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

You need to use the option "--enable-crytpo" to use TLS encryption, see below my working synergy-client.service file.

[Unit]
Requires=display-manager.service
After=display-manager.service

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c "sleep 10; /bin/systemctl set-environment LIGHTDMXAUTH=/var/run/lightdm/root/:0"
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "XAUTHORITY=${LIGHTDMXAUTH} /usr/bin/synergyc -f --enable-crypto -n CLIENT_NAME SERVER_ADDRESS"

[Install]
WantedBy=graphical.target

I managed to get it working with lightdm, but didn't have the same luck with sddm.