Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

AVG went nuts with the upgrade

Saw a upgrade to 2.0.5  an hour ago and tried it.  Running 2 windows PCs with AVG antivirus and 1 with McAfee. 

AVG went nuts with the upgrade and essentially would not let upgrade go through.  McAfee also not happy.

There was no issue with antivirus software installing 2.0.4.   Why the antivirus push back on the new update?

It installed flawlessly on my Windows10 with TrendMicro and my Mac with High Sierra. Hopefully it will fix some "disconnection" problems when I lock them and get back and the slave (win10)doesn,t work anymore unless I relog my master (mac)...

As 2.0.5 was installing AVG kept showing suspicious file pop-ups that I kept telling it to ignore.  Then a pop up I have never seen came up saying that a very unusual / rare file was identified and it needed to be analyzed by AVG labs.  I did not get a screen shot but I think it mentioned controller.exe or symless controller or exe. Sorry I should have noted more but I told the pop-up I trusted the file but the pop-up kept insisting to ok to have AVG labs analyze it.  So  I said ok. Then the synergy install froze up.  I disabled AVG and it seemed like the synergy install finished up but would not connect to server. Sorry cant send synergy log.  I uninstalled  and restarted computer.  Same thing happened on other PC running AVG.   PC with McAfee just kept popping up warnings which I ignored.  I had no AVG warnings on either computer when I installed 2.0.4.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, Joe123 said:

Then a pop up I have never seen came up saying that a very unusual / rare file was identified and it needed to be analyzed by AVG labs.

This is quite normal. It only means that you're one of the first to install the update. Well done!

AVG will likely prioritize adding an exception depending on how many people try to install the update.