Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

When does Synergy 2.1 release?

I bought Synergy thinking everything would work like I'd like it to, much like sharemouse.  At this time all the features I want are in supposed to be coming in 2.1.  Is there a release date for 2.1?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

In a support ticket, when I asked about downgrade to Synergy 1 (current version - 2.0.5 did not satisfy me), It was also mentioned that Synergy 2.1 is "due in Q3 of 2018"

This is really poor! I have not used Synergy for a long time until just now. The biggest issue is that the second PC does not tunr off the display yet alone lock itself! This is HUGE issue and I I simply cannot use Synergy 2 at all!

Extremely sloppy and poor development to release it in this state IMHO!

• Like 1

Is this really Q3? Can we get some official word on this?  The only reason I bought this software was to replace share mouse, if it's going to take that long I might as well have bought that. I thought it was coming Q1 Februaryish per last reports.  I don't understand how 2.0 can have so many fewer features than V 1.0?

15 minutes ago, Sav said:

Is this really Q3? Can we get some official word on this?  The only reason I bought this software was to replace share mouse, if it's going to take that long I might as well have bought that. I thought it was coming Q1 Februaryish per last reports.  I don't understand how 2.0 can have so many fewer features than V 1.0?

Thats what I got in a support ticket when I wanted to downgrade, that feels official to me: 
https://prnt.sc/il4gbt (I censored names in the screenshot of that response).

Really? July ~ September? Is their dev team coding with hammers and chisels?

But seriously, I look forward to the new release.

I hope they release a beta 2.1 for feedback before they push out the final. It will be upsetting if they release another "user friendly" release.

• 1 month later...

It would be nice if you could still buy 1.9 if you have a situation where 2.0 is completely non-functional (ie. behind a proxy), especially since proxy support has disappeared from their roadmap.

I bought 2.0 because 1.8.8 worked pretty well.

I see 2.1 will still require phoning Synergy home every time it's launched.

Still broken, even before being released.

• Like 1
GranPaSmurf

:/ sorry to hear. I just read the blog post. It looks like Jerry is a key player in the Version 1 Synergy that got us all hooked, 'back in the day.' Therefore, this is a long-delayed THANK YOU from one of your fans! Well wishes as you continue your career here in 'the new world.'

Onward, through the fog! 

Edited by GranPaSmurf
just adding stuff
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, stewartshea said:

Hi Everyone, Curious if there is an update on this thread. The product is great but really needs Wayland support...https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/4090

Hi Stewart,

I can't speak to the Wayland support specifically, but according to this post on their blog (last paragraph) it sounds like V2 development has been scrapped entirely with an early alpha version of V3 expected later this year (and a stable version in 2-3 years' time.) Whether V1 will receive Wayland support in the meantime, I have no idea.

Cheers,
Sarc

• Like 1
  • Kelvin Tran locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi everyone,

Here's our official position on the next major version:

We're working on it. It'll probably take about 3 years more to complete. We plan on releasing an early alpha in Q1 of 2020 (early next year).

All customers that purchased Synergy lifetime, early access, or Synergy 2 will automatically get a free upgrade to the next major version. This pretty much covers most of our customers.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thanks,
Nick

• Thanks 1