Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ubuntu machine is gray

Just a quick test. As root on the Ubuntu box, try restarting the Synergy service (it'll automatically restart); for example:

$ ps -ef | grep -i synergy-service root       978     1  0 Jan31 ?        00:02:39 /usr/bin/synergy-service
$ sudo kill -9 978 [sudo] password for xxx:
$ ps -ef | grep -i synergy-service root      1484     1  1 06:44 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/synergy-service xxx     1507  1347  0 06:44 pts/1    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i synergy-service

Also check for Internet connectivity issues. 

No luck, it restarted but it behaves the same way. The connection is up, I can see both machines and I can move them around, and it registers the changes on both machines. It's just that the mouse and keyboard does not work on both.

EDIT: It's seems that Synergy is having problems on my Ubuntu machine

Edited by Jonas_H

Updated Ubuntu and no longer have Synergy crashes, but status is still the same: Connection is up, I can see both machines and drag the screens around and see the changes on both machines, but the keyboard and mouse is not shared.

I couldn't get Synergy to behave nicely on Ubuntu.  I went to v1.8.8.  It works perfectly with that.  You do have to configure the server side with the client names.  I have two Linux and one Windows 10 machines and it's truly seamless.  Contact support so you can get the v1 license.  Stop messing with v2.  I wasted hours and hours with that. 

• 4 weeks later...

@ggoran: Any chance you could give us ANY useful information? What kind of hosts? What issue(s) are you experiencing? What version of Synergy, and where did you get it? Anything at all?

Hey @ggoran. In my case I never got it working with Synergy v2, but I was provided with a license for v1 and it works like a charm :)

5 minutes ago, Jonas_H said:

Hey @ggoran. In my case I never got it working with Synergy v2, but I was provided with a license for v1 and it works like a charm :)

hmm interesting, hope they will fix this issues soon

17 minutes ago, jml said:

@ggoran: Any chance you could give us ANY useful information? What kind of hosts? What issue(s) are you experiencing? What version of Synergy, and where did you get it? Anything at all?

I have ubuntu 16.10 (gnome) and Windows 10 (not sure do I need set something additionally since windws defener is on) - inside of ubuntu I am running docker with some VMs

have same thing on both OS (attached)

image.thumb.png.975f845b3ef75f69df96df5f4c76ddc7.png

here is log https://synergy-logs.symless.com/9adc6dde1d8b03c6f53554286b989094/logs/44273-2018-03-01T16-27-49.log

Edited by ggoran
GranPaSmurf

In my system, my Kubuntu 17.10 machine never reconnects after losing connection by just restarting Synergy. It always requires a reboot.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:29 AM, ggoran said:

Sorry about that. We're aware of this bug and are working on a fix. Here are the log lines that indicate the bug:

[ Core    ] DEBUG: XOpenDisplay(":0.0")
[ Core    ] No protocol specified
[ Core    ] WARNING: secondary screen unavailable: unable to open screen

If you're running X, please try manually running the core process using the command in the log file (look for "/usr/bin/synergy-core" and copy the args). You may need to re-share your machine to get the log line to show. You may also need to run the core command as root.

We hope to have this fixed in the next update, Synergy 2.0.7. 

GranPaSmurf

ggoran,

this command line restarts Synergy on my Kubuntu 17.10

sudo systemctl restart synergy

On 3/3/2018 at 5:47 PM, Sarah Hebert said:

Sorry about that. We're aware of this bug and are working on a fix. Here are the log lines that indicate the bug:

[ Core    ] DEBUG: XOpenDisplay(":0.0")
[ Core    ] No protocol specified
[ Core    ] WARNING: secondary screen unavailable: unable to open screen

If you're running X, please try manually running the core process using the command in the log file (look for "/usr/bin/synergy-core" and copy the args). You may need to re-share your machine to get the log line to show. You may also need to run the core command as root.

We hope to have this fixed in the next update, Synergy 2.0.7. 

yea this fixed my issue and it works when I run that command manually

thanks