Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergy 2 pro not working

GranPaSmurf

mubi,

Is Synergy working? That is, does the mouse cursor move to the client screen?

The display is supposed to show a bright green screen if the client is connected. As of Synergy 2.04, this feature does not work reliably.  Sometimes Synergy is working, even though it doesn't indicate it's connected.

I have a similar issue on Pro 2.0.4-stable. Both machines are High Sierra and Synergy will sometimes work with mouse moving between clients and other times, the client just shows a blinking green loading bar that never goes away.

I used to be able to select the server and it would show solid green, but now nothing seems to work.

Also using using Synergy Pro, I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Precision with Windows Defender and Sierra on a MacBook Pro. The Dell is the server. I removed McAfee yesterday,  activated Windows Defender and ran the updates. Prior to this, Synergy was working fine. So I can only assume the issue is with Windows Defender, but I cannot figure out what is causing this. 

I can open Synergy on both laptops, both the client and server appear in the Synergy window and both are bright green. The mouse will not scroll between the laptops. When I try, the cursor automatically gets moved down the screen, from the original location I tried. Occasionally, the cursor gets "stuck" on the Mac. HOWEVER, I cannot see the cursor nor move it back to the Dell. The only thing I can do when this happens is right click and see a popup open. I tried uninstalling/installing on both laptops, but got no positive results. 

• 1 month later...
garbageaccount

same. i found this thread ala google trying to figure out why synergy wont work between any of my windows 10 machines.  its installed independently on all 3 but the mouse wont move between them.  It worked a few weeks ago but simply stopped ><

garbageaccount

fwiw my issue seemed to simply be some wonky behavior.  It apparently requires all listed pc's to be awake for it to function.  Aka I have 3 pc's and synergy works fine if all pc's are awake.  If one goes to sleep it must be re-woken to get it functioning again even between the two remaining pc's  Or so it seems. 

garbageaccount

Oh i dont mind the unused Pc's going to sleep (even though the mouse waking them would be ideal), what i do mind is the pc's left awake being handicapped after sleep on any thats part of the "group"

but as you say - devs are likely on it.  its early and im optimistic.