Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Two Local Screens Showing Up

I changed the name of my Macbook in the sharing settings. (It's new and I wanted a different way to identify it than Roger's Macbook.) Synergy was already installed when I made the change and now the Macbook shows up as two screens. And, yeah, neither one are working.

I tried deleting the app and settings but reinstalled it and both screens just popped up again.

Here's an image (slightly redacted). The two green screens are the local Macbook screens showing up. The bottom screen is the new name I gave the Macbook.

5a5bcb3136f4b_Screenshot2018-01-1413_09_06.png.36244a269153b71d9be0b051d01de807.png

Also one of the grayed out screens is a computer that has been decommissioned. There must be a way to get it out of there.

I'm just having a lot of administration issues and could use some guidance. Right now Synergy is not operational on my network.

GranPaSmurf

When this happens to me, I just shove the old simulated screen over out of the way. If it doesn't touch the side of an active machine, Synergy won't try to configure it. When the next update comes along, the old screen is gone.

Then again I always do a 'clean' install, getting rid of all the old Synergy files and directories and registry entries before I install a new version. 

• Like 1
Judd Maltin

I just dragged them all side-by-side so synergy can work it out. :-)  Took me a while to not be quite so dumb.

Syngergy should tolerate computer name changes.  Really.  Did they ever hear of a GUID?

I opened a support request.

Edited by Judd Maltin
  • Like 1