Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Slight delay in server -> client screen changes

Sid Boswell
Server- Ubuntu 15.4 Client - OS X 10.10.3 Synergy 1.7.3 (both) No SSL, custom configuration to remap ctrl key while on client When moving mouse from server to client there is a delay of slightly more than 1 second. If watching the console, on the server, I see the "leaving screen" immediately and after about 1 sec the "entering screen" message on the client. Once that has occured the performance is fine, there is no lag between the server and the client. Likewise, when mousing back to the server, it's immediate with no delay. The only delay is from server -> client. 1 sec doesn't sound like a lot, but if you just edge past the screen on the server...and you quickly move back, there is a delay waiting for the client to "enter" and then "leave". No bueno.
Ben Koenig
I think this might be on the road to 1.7.4. If you have the time, give the nightly build a look. [url]http://synergy-project.org/nightly?filter=1.7.4[/url]
  • 1 month later...
Christian Illy
Got the same issue, running a freshly installed 1.7.4 setup, Xubuntu 13.10 as server, Windows 7 and Mac OS X as clients. For both I get a delay when switching from server to client (but not the other way round). It seems to be no issue while I have a VNC session open on the server, viewing the client. Just an idea, don't know if there already is something like this but maybe Synergy do some kind of network keepalive for the clients? Kind regards, Chris
  • 6 months later...
Brian Miller
I'm having this issue as well. Version: v1.7.5 Server: Fedora 23 Client: Windows 10 Going to Windows 10 has exactly a 2 second delay before the cursor appears Going back to Linux is instant. Major bummer :/
David Rolle
I have the same issue, except in my case both machines are windows 10 and I have a delay in [b]both[/b] directions When going from server -> client, nothing happens for ~2 seconds and then the server says "leaving screen" and the client says "entering screen" at the exact same time and my mouse works on the client. When going from client -> server, they both say "leaving screen"/"entering screen" immediately, but there's a ~2 sec delay before I'm able to see/use my mouse on the server Version: v1.7.5 Server: Windows 10 Home Client: Windows 10 Home
Keith Adams
I know this is a simple answer but have you guys checked the switched settings under configure server>advanced server settings? If you have just ignore this but I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was there just in case it was switched on.
Brian Miller
[quote="Keith Adams"]I know this is a simple answer but have you guys checked the switched settings under configure server>advanced server settings? If you have just ignore this but I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was there just in case it was switched on.[/quote] Yes. I believe that setting forces an intentional delay before switching. It's disabled on my system.
  • 1 year later...
On 3/16/2016 at 4:20 PM, Brian Miller said:

Ah ha! v1.7.6 that was just released for Windows fixed my problem! :)

I am having this same problem on 1.8.8 Mac 10.12 Server, Windows 10 Client. Sometimes its fine and other times it is delayed. Reboots/reinstalls make no change. Devices are on same network switch and there is no other delay other than cursor appearance.