Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Still can't get past "Sign in with Symless", 2.0.4 on Linux

outerringz

I've been reporting this issue since beta, but the latest v2.0.4 still has the same problem. I'm hosting from Windows 10 and connecting to the host from KDE Neon. I install Synergy 2.0.4, launch the app and see the splash screen with the "Sign in with Symless" button in the middle. When I click the button, my browser launches and opens the following URL:

https://symless.com/login

When I performed the same steps on my Windows 10 computer, I was directed to some token URL and sign in was successful, but on the Linux box I can't ever get past login.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
couches200000

Similar login issue but with Windows 7 though clicking on the "Sign in with Symless" button literally does not do anything.  My Windows 10 was fine.

I have this problem too but with a twist. The application window text shows up as 4 point font. Resolution of display is only 1920x1080????

2018-01-22 11_08_25-Clipboard.png

Same here... it seems that Synergy does not take proxy configuration into account...

Stuck on the "couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud"...

Any chances to get it working ?

Back to 1.8 for me (test from time to time).

Cheers

After using Synergy 1 for years, I spent some money to get a Synergy 2 early access key. Since then, this http proxy issue preventing corporate use forced me to go back to version 1.8. A lot of people reported this issue during the early access, and now after the release. Is there any chance to get it considered at any time?

I'am synergy user for long time (I paid when synergy was free... it was only "donation")... I purchased Synergy2 as early access (15USD which is more than special offers after that occurs after). I use Synergy (unfortunately 1.8, everyday)... So... I'm not so frustrated (Yes frustrated by the fact that I paid for something I do not use... but...)...

Synergy is a great tool... I'm just waiting for v2 to use proxy because it will be easyer for me (with v1.8, I need 3 ssh tunnels... ... but works).

Long ife to to synergy which is (even if I can't use v2) the best investment (I use it every daylife... 1kbd 1mouse to use 3 computers... 1 mac, 1 linux, 1 windows scattered on 3 different networks !!!) 

I'm not using a proxy, or any special configuration. 2.0.4 cannot get passed the "Sign in with Symless" button on a very default setup of Linux. I don't understand how this version got out of beta. I don't care about the upgrade money, what I do care about is that already made the decision to not test anymore broken beta's because I don't want to waste anymore time on this, and they sucked me back in by calling this a release...it's not.

Ouch... I understand you... we beta test a "production version"... which is not very fair.

For me, as v1 is enough for me, v2 is only for "comfort", that's why I'm not upset :)... but I understand.

I have a multi-homed machine (multiple NICs) where only one connection is behind a corporate proxy and the other isn't, (sneaky sneaky) however it will not connect through the correct gateway - an easy fix for me if I could configure the program some how to either:

1. Give Proxy settings
  2. Configure correct gateway or network segment to work on.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
4 hours ago, outerringz said:

Ha...message received.

Don't get me wrong, we're still working on the bugs that affect the 5%. However, these issued didn't show up until after we were out of beta.

1 hour ago, Nick Bolton said:

Don't get me wrong, we're still working on the bugs that affect the 5%. However, these issued didn't show up until after we were out of beta.

I will personally get you wrong here, these issues didn't appear until after the beta, I've personally have reported the same issue without reply since months so please get your facts straight and I'm pretty sure you can search the old threads to find my posts.

I opened an issue... reply :

"We'll be adding this option in Synergy 2.1 which is due Q3 2018. Are you happy to wait?"

When I purchased the beta, it was unusable for me in september 2017

I've been replied to wait for 4 weeks until a new beta ...

I'm someone patient... know they tell me to wait for Q3 2018... And after passing the proxy gate... what next ? My mouse will flash and I'll be ask to wait for another mounts ? Personnaly, I was contributing for Synergy when it was only donation... I purchased the v2 because it is a pain to rise my 3 ssh tunnels... but I'm convinced I will keep using v1 for months / years :(... An I will keep on mounting my ssh tunnels ... 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 26/01/2018 at 2:57 PM, Dimitry said:

Personnaly, I was contributing for Synergy when it was only donation

Thanks for your early support. We're more than happy to refund your original donation, and you can use Synergy 1 until proxy support is added. 

https://symless.com/contact

• Nick Bolton locked this topic