Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issues connecting Windows 10 and Ubuntu

Trystan Oakley

I just upgraded to Synergy 2 and it is not working at all. I have one computer running windows 10 and the other computer using Ubuntu. Synergy worked with the old version but this new version isn't working at all for me. It looks like it is continuously failing to connect on the Ubuntu side. I am not sure. On the Windows computer it shows the windows screen being green and the ubuntu screen being grey and on the Ubuntu computer it shows the windows screen being grey and the ubuntu screen grey as well with a loading bar constantly going and starting over. 

You might want to try temporarily disabling any firewall software and/or SELinux you have on the Ubuntu side, to see if that's blocking things. 

Windows 10/Ubuntu kinda-sorta works for me. They connect, but moving the mouse to the edge of my screen on Windows usually doesn't transition control to the Ubuntu machine. I usually have to press a key on the keyboard a bunch of times while attempting to move the cursor to the Ubuntu machine. Any key, such as ESC seems to work. Moving my mouse to the edge and continuing to move the mouse while repeatedly pressing ESC eventually causes the cursor to jump over to the Ubuntu machine. Then I can move back and forth between the two a few times before it gets stuck again and I have to repeat this process.