Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Option to Disable clipboard feature

I think it would be nice to allow a user to disable the clipboard feature altogether. If nothing else it would be a handy troubleshooting tool.
GollyRojer
Yes, please. I was just searching the forums hoping that was an option I'd missed. Given that my client log has plenty of "ERROR: corrupted clipboard data, expected size=4 actual size=0" it would be useful to shut the clipboard copy off and see if doing so affects the problem I am having.
Bobby Pennington
Yes please provide this feature. Some users do not want or need to copy from the server machine to the client. This would be a very good enhancement to have and option for, like in the client settings. Something like - disable clipboard from server machine or something. If that doesn't work, something on server side that says disable clipboard all together. Thanks,
  • 1 month later...
Bill Ashmanskas
One more yes vote: being able to disable the clipboard could be helpful for troubleshooting. (I've seen a number of clipboard-related server freeze-ups lately, which seem to require killall -9 synergys.) $ synergys --version synergys 1.7.3, protocol version 1.6
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I would love this feature, too. Particularly I'd love a hotkey or an easy(ish) way to disable the clipboard sharing shortly before I copy-and-paste a password.