Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Scroll lock stops switching

hey i cant find support from the synergy team anywhere, starting to regret purchasing this. okay so my main problem is that the software does not work both ways, i need my Desktop to be the host and my laptop to be the client, but the mouse and keyboard doesnt work using it in that way. it works however when i make my laptop the host and my pc the client, but i dont want to use the track pad and keyboard on there, also i use it as my portable pc. which is why i need it to work the other way around but it refuses to share that way. HELP!

With Synergy 2 there is no Host / Client. It uses an Active / Active model. This allows you to use either Keyboard/Mouse.

My setup uses Desktop / Server / Laptop

From the Laptop I can use the track pad or my bluetooth mouse to control all three. If I want to use the mouse on the Desktop, I just start using it and the Desktop becomes the new "leader" and works on all three machines. It is a fairly seamless process.

If you have changed your configuration, I would suggest restarting the Synergy service on all machines.

Hope that makes sense

i searched synergy support and found forums, but i did eventually find contact but have yet to hear back with any useful information. since they think im using linux when i clearly stated windows 10.

20 hours ago, _Matt said:

With Synergy 2 there is no Host / Client. It uses an Active / Active model. This allows you to use either Keyboard/Mouse.

My setup uses Desktop / Server / Laptop

From the Laptop I can use the track pad or my bluetooth mouse to control all three. If I want to use the mouse on the Desktop, I just start using it and the Desktop becomes the new "leader" and works on all three machines. It is a fairly seamless process.

If you have changed your configuration, I would suggest restarting the Synergy service on all machines.

Hope that makes sense

yah thats my problem it works as intended on one device but not on the other. for example i have a laptop to the left and a pc to the right, laptop trackpad and keyboard works but my pc mouse and keyboard doesnt go over to the other system :/

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
13 hours ago, BluD said:

since they think im using linux when i clearly stated windows 10.

Don't worry, Sarah didn't think you're using Linux. It was an FYI, if you were thinking about using Linux at any point.

Sarah will reply to your ticket, thanks for your patience.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue ~ So it´s frustrated that this chat don´t end in a solution... But only end with a "Sarah will reply to your ticket, thanks for your patience."

So what to do? - When it´s only work one way - from MacBook -> PC its works - BUT not the other way around?

I have re-booted both machines and the Synergy app also - and I´m using version 2.0.5-stable...

it did end up getting resolved but no thanks to them, there support is nearly useless. there was a button on my keyboard called scroll lock, when it was on it wouldnt work.