Big G

How to remove an old device icon

5 posts in this topic

Recently, my mobo burned out and I had to replace it.  With the new mobo (different brand board, AMD not Intel CPU this time) I did a clean install of Windows 10.  Today I finally got around to installing Synergy 2.  When I fired it up, it showed the old computer name as the server, (I guess it gets that info when it logs in to Symless).  My client laptop also shows the old server name.  After fighting with it for a while, I finally got both computers to recognize the new name as the server.

The problem is that the old computer is still on the S2 user interface screen.  How do I get rid of it?  The icon is useless since that computer does not exist anymore.

Annotated screenshot attached.

BTW, I like the little dot on the active server.  When "things" get wacky, this is a good, fast way to tell which machine is acting as the server.

Synergy Interface shot.png

Doing a complete uninstall and reinstall it is still there :( I'm guessing the config is stored on the server or somewhere that is not documented in the uninstall instructions.

I received this email from Sarah at Symless:

Hi Phillip,

We'll be adding the option to remove this in Synergy 2.1 which is due early 2018. In the meantime, the extra screen can just be moved off to the side in the config app.

If you like, you could visit our user community forums (https://symless.com/forums/) to discuss upcoming features and enhancements with other users.

Thanks,
Sarah

It is in the upcoming features per the link.  I can certainly live with this for a little while until the update comes out.  Thanks Sarah!

-- 
Sarah Hebert
Support Engineer
Synergy Team

Edited by Big G

Thanks. I actually went back to using version 1 for now. Maybe I will try again in six months when things have improved.