Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergy - config.exe - bad image

Since ugrading the Synergy program; it no longer works.  I would get this error message.  "C:\Program Filesz\Synergy\Qt5Qml.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error Status 0xc0000020".  I have tried reinstalling the program several times.  I have tried reinstalling it on the client computer, but Synergy does not seem to work....I can not access the other computer.

I have even uninstalled and installed the older version, but nothing seems to work.  Attached picture is the error message.

What other options are there for me to try?

synergy error.jpg

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 27/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, Pueo said:

C:\Program Filesz\Synergy\Qt5Qml.dll

Hmm, there's an extra "z" in there. Was that copy/pasted exactly?

jaap aarts
Just now, Nick Bolton said:

Hmm, there's an extra "z" in there. Was that copy/pasted exactly?

in the image you can see it does not have the z. so even without the extra z it would still go wrong.

Thanks Jaap Aarts!

Nick,

Yes that is a typo.  As you can see from the window image it is not there but this problem still exist.  As nice as this upgrade is I'm feeling that I need to revert to an earlier version of Synergy.  The older version of synergy It is a bit more troublesome to setup but I had less issues.