DavidWoods

Can't install on MacOS 10.10.5

6 posts in this topic

I've used Synergy 1 for a long time and love it.  I recently upgraded to Synergy 2 and finally got around to trying to install it today.

When I try to install Synergy 2.0.3-stable on my Mac, which runs OS X 10.10.5, I get the following very helpful error message:

Synergy cannot be opened because of a problem.

The crash report provides the following information:

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __os_log_default

Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergy-config

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.8.dylib

in /Volumes/VOLUME/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergy-config

Any ideas?  And, no, upgrading to a newer MacOS is not really an option.

Finally, Sarah from Synergy Support told me that Synergy 2.1 will add support for older MacOS versions, specifically including OS X 10.10.5.  It's due out in early 2018, she says.  So I guess I can only wait.

Is this still happening? I just bought Synergy 2 but it doesn't work because I'm running OSX 10.10.5. Should I ask for a refund or is this definitely going to get fixed soon?

Same issue here on OS X 10.10.5 with Mac Pro. I am very curious to when this will be officially released.

Seems I'm a new member of the 10.10.5 won't install club.  I have the 30 days to get a refund on the upgrade to v2 but I'm concerned if I wait until the 30 days expires - what happens if they DON'T provide support for 10.10.5  - My Mac Pro is an older one and not compatible with the newer versions without having to jump through some nasty hoops.

Funny how there is ABSOLUTELY NO system requirements published on the site... I looked and looked, and decided to take universal as it'll be okay.. not a smart move on my part.

I'll ask about the refund and see what they say.

Also disappointed that the software does not work in 10.10.5.  Not sure that I understand why there is absolutely no information on this on the website or at purchase.  Sent an inquiry before finding this forum or alternatively, to be issued a refund.  Was offered a refund after several days-pending.

More information and a demo option would have been great. I'll try something else and see.