Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Is there a way to get notified when a new release of 2.y or 2.0.z is avail?

Now that I've got into a rhythm with Synergy 2 and get it working consistently, I'm eager to try new release as bugs are squashed. Twice now, I have been surprised that 2.0.2 and then 2.0.3 were available when I went to the website to post on the forums to get help. I upgraded before posting to make sure my problem wasn't already fixed. 

I'm happy to live on the edge of the latest releases, but it would be great to know they exist. Is there an email list or an app setting to get notified?

19 hours ago, jml said:

If you look down in the lower-left corner (where the current version is) I believe it'll tell you if there's a new release...

Cool, I wait and see when the next release arrives.

What about without having 2 installed?

Purchased it only to get a websocket error to a remote symless address and a non-loading configuration UI.
I really like 1.X and have hopes for 2, but it'd be nice to get notified when 2.1's offline mode is available.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:31 AM, Kelly Byrd said:

Cool, I wait and see when the next release arrives.

Confirmed. Today I was notified that 2.0.4 was avail. 

The GUI notification works fine but if you don't open the GUI you don't see it. Would be nice if there was a pop-up too. Maybe as part of a System Tray tool?

jaap aarts

I am currently unable to use synergy via the GUI, and thus never open the GUI.

but I am also the person who has to keep the AUR updated with the new version, whenever synergy2 is updated.

I'd love an RSS feed for something like this, for stable and beta updates.