Alain Dessi

altgr don't working

16 posts in this topic

hello,

Altgr don't working in version 2.0.3

Where is the config ? in the version 1.8 I add in the config altgr = alt for working but how to make the same solution in the version 2.0 ?

Thank's

I have the same issue and as a german developer that's a dealbreaker for me. I need ALT GR for so many keys, it's frustrating.

config will come later to synergy, they are aware of this issue and will be fixing this in a later version.

• Like 1

you can ask [email protected] about this, or @Nick Bolton

it might be 2.1, for which the beta starts in January or 2.2, due mid-2018. symless has a very flexible roadmap so it could be anytime.

Thanks for your answer. I hope, it will come very quickly. Because, without ALTGr, nobody with a German keyboard is able to type an e-mail address (because of "@") or type the EUR currency (because of "€")....

yeah, I know someone with a german keyboard, I got used to the z and y switch, but damn all those different keyboard shortcuts. I don't think it I would even consider it usable.

just a little information: until "ALT GR" works we can use "ALT+STRG" ("ALT+CTRL") on german keyboard-layouts instead of "ALT GR". 

• Thanks 1

Same problem here (Belgian keyboard) which makes any kind of coding a disaster !

Urgent fix needed, hope this will be in 2.1 !

20 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

@Sarah Hebert You’re hearing a lot about this right now in support, aren’t you?

@Steve Williams ^

Yes, this is a commonly reported inconvenience! 

• Like 1

Use 'Ctrl+Alt' (french keyboard or german keyboard) while waiting version 2.1 ... it work's fine for me ... 

Not completely with french keyboard. I retrieve most of all keys but not backslash for example.

In my case ... Linux with keyboard and Windows 10, Ctrl+Alt  works fine .... I'm waiting 2.1 ...