Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and drop have never worked?

Nguyen Anh Quan
I've been using synergy for a year or so, since the 1.4 and the drag and drop function have never worked for me, didnt bother about that function until recently, i did reinstall my OS and Synergy quite bit times before so i highly doubt it window bug. Do i need to set up anything else?
Ben Koenig
Hello, Which Operating Systems are you using for the Server and Client? If you know the specific versions of each that would be very helpful.
Nguyen Anh Quan
I use both window 7, when i tried to drag and drop synergy seems try to launch something, nothing on log though.
Ben Koenig
Thanks. Do you have SSL encryption enabled? You can find it in Edit -> Settings -> Network Security. There is a current bug with copy/paste and Drag&Drop. The workaround is to disable SSL on both Client and Server. Then reconnect. Let me know if [b]disabling SSL encryption[/b] works for you. Remember that SSL is extremely important on large insecure networks.
Nguyen Anh Quan
Well i do have SSL enable, copy paste work fine with clipboard, but i highly doubt since i used synergy before ssl update. Well i'll give it a try though.