Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergy keeps assigning the wrong pc as server

I have a laptop and a desktop which are now both running linux fedora and every time i mouse from the laptop to the desktop my cursor jumps to the middle of the screen and I can no longer mouse back over to the laptop

I ran ps aux | grep synergy and i found this

on my desktop

synergy-core --client -f --run-as-uid 1000 --debug DEBUG --name alexanderdesktop --enable-drag-drop --profile-dir /var/lib/synergy --log /var/log/synergy/synergy-core.log 127.0.0.1:24801

and my laptop

synergy-core --server -f --run-as-uid 1000 --debug DEBUG --name alexanderlaptop --enable-drag-drop --profile-dir /var/lib/synergy --log /var/lib/synergy/synergy-core.log -c /var/lib/synergy/synergy.conf --address 127.0.0.1:24800

The arguments for these are different for some reason and the arguments for my desktop look wrong (no --address before the address) I have tried reinstalling on both (going as far as to remove every single file with synergy in the name except for four that I will include at the bottom) and the arguments stay the same
I don't know how the server and client arguments are decided but i cannot for the life of me get my desktop to have the --server argument

log from desktop
https://synergy-logs.symless.com/39946ef10828c5b210e915e2ba33428b/logs/11133-2017-12-11T19-52-21.log
(at line 626 i connect my laptop and mouse between screens having to specify to share from my desktop every 3 or so)

service files that did not leave

./sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/synergy.service
./sys/fs/cgroup/pids/system.slice/synergy.service
./sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/system.slice/synergy.service
./sys/fs/cgroup/unified/system.slice/synergy.service

I thought the config was automatic for  determining server and client and that it was decided based on activity, why are these arguments there? How do I change them if they are the problem?