Vu Nguyen

Synergy version 2 issue with WebEx

10 posts in this topic

Both Synergy version 1.8.8-stable and 2.0.2 are having issues with WebEx. When using Webex there are constant hangs on the client machine when WebEx application is launch. I was wondering if anyone has a workaround or if this will be addressed by the Synergy team?

I purchase 2.0.2 just to see if this issue is resolved but it appears to be the same. 

Thank you,

I'm also still experiencing this issue with the lastest 2.0.2 versions.

I also experience this problem, sometimes many hangs during a single WebEx session.  

Still a problem on 2.0.9

I am going to have to go back to 1.x...this is maddening.  I know that webex doesn't play well with a lot of things but my mouse is non-functional during webex sessions.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:19 AM, Vu Nguyen said:

Both Synergy version 1.8.8-stable and 2.0.2 are having issues with WebEx. When using Webex there are constant hangs on the client machine when WebEx application is launch. I was wondering if anyone has a workaround or if this will be addressed by the Synergy team?

I purchase 2.0.2 just to see if this issue is resolved but it appears to be the same. 

Thank you,

I have found that whenever someone shares something with the client machine, the client machine will stop processing "Clicks"  The mouse moves just fine, but nothing you click on is activated.

A quick stop/start on the server side of Synergy has never failed to fix it for me.  I just launch the GUI on the server, click the stop button, then the start button, generally within a second or two I'm back to full functionality.  (1.8.8 FYI)

38 minutes ago, JeffDG said:

I have found that whenever someone shares something with the client machine, the client machine will stop processing "Clicks"  The mouse moves just fine, but nothing you click on is activated.

A quick stop/start on the server side of Synergy has never failed to fix it for me.  I just launch the GUI on the server, click the stop button, then the start button, generally within a second or two I'm back to full functionality.  (1.8.8 FYI)

I lose complete mouse tracking for ~5 seconds at a time....continuously.

5 minutes ago, brewdude said:

I lose complete mouse tracking for ~5 seconds at a time....continuously.

I wish it were that brief for me.  Sometimes it's almost 30 seconds until I can do anything with the mouse.  

I uninstalled 2.X and installed the latest 1.X version.  Life is good and all is right in this world.

Nothing that I have tried works. They really need to get this resolved as it is impossible to use in a business environment where WebEx is a daily activity..