mikeblas

CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote machine?

16 posts in this topic

Since upgrading to Synergy 2, I'm unable to send CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote server.  I'm used to Synergy 1, where I could use CTRL+ALT+PAUSE, but that doesn't seem to be working -- nothing happens.

Not something I've generally needed to do much myself, but try ctrl-alt-ins?

20 minutes ago, EqUaTe said:

Not something I've generally needed to do much myself, but try ctrl-alt-ins?

I can place my mouse cursor on the sign in screen of the remote server, but I can't get it to prompt me for my username and password.  Synergy 1 was working fine; Synergy 2 won't let me send CTRL+ALT+DELETE in order to get the machine to offer a login prompt.

How do you login without CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Same problem. This was working in Synergy 1. This is a major workflow problem if it's broken in synergy 2. 

• Like 1

Same problem here since I upgraded to 2. Now I have to keep a spare keyboard plugged into my work laptop to log in. Just what I got Synergy to prevent.

just wanted to add same here. I wasn't able to do it in synergy1 either, but probably just because I did not know the right combination lol

I don't have any domain-joined machines that I need to log on to, in fact generally I don't use Windows, so i can't say for sure with this, but as I said - has anyone tried Ctrl-Alt-Ins?

@Nick Bolton - do you have any suggestions on this one if that doesn't work?

I just realized that I've never been able to do ctl+alt+del on my windows client because I don't have neither the Pause o Ins keys on my keyboard. I'm using a mac keyboard since that's my main computer, and it bugs me that I'm unable to use most of the functionality already implemented on synergy because of this (e.g. can't lock mouse to device since macs don't have a scroll lock functionality). I know I may be a minority, but this kind of things should be taken into account by the synergy team. I'm sure most of this will be fixed when we are able to configurate synergy, but that's a no go for now.

I've tried CTRL+ALT+INS, too, and it doesn't work.

Synergy 2.0 is stillborn, as far as I can tell. How do I contact support?

I submit a support ticket for this and was told it is planned for 2.1, expected in "early 2018". Apparently there is no way to unlock a remote Windows computer in v2.0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin Kroll said:

I submit a support ticket for this and was told it is planned for 2.1, expected in "early 2018". Apparently there is no way to unlock a remote Windows computer in v2.0.

I found a temporary work around.  Click the Ease of Access button (in Windows 7) and enable the virtual keyboard.  Then click Alt+Ctrl+Del.  Then you can type in your password with your normal keyboard and login.  I would assume there is some way to enable the virtual keyboard in Windows 8.1 and 10 from the lock screen too.

This is not ideal but will do until they implement the feature in 2.1.

10 hours ago, compmas2 said:

I found a temporary work around.  Click the Ease of Access button (in Windows 7) and enable the virtual keyboard.  Then click Alt+Ctrl+Del.  Then you can type in your password with your normal keyboard and login.  I would assume there is some way to enable the virtual keyboard in Windows 8.1 and 10 from the lock screen too.

This is not ideal but will do until they implement the feature in 2.1.

Hi I have tried this also but sadly it doesn't work. 

The inability to login to a remote server seems like an egregious omission from a release. A release in this state (considering all the other problems) tells me that Symless didn't expect Synergy 2.0 to be usable, but released it anyway.

• Like 1

How unfortunate that this is a 2.1 feature, I don't understand how a product designed for the enterprise doesn't allow you to log into a machine.