Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkey config

LazIsOnline

I was under the impression that Synergy 2 would have MORE to offer not less... I had hotkeys and server configs all setup for my systems and it seems I can't do anything to configure ANYTHING with this version of Synergy.

I'll have to user S1 for now until there is either a response explaining how to access server settings/configs or a major update because right now it honestly appears to be steps back.

For the moment, v2 is much more based around the autoconfig design. Configurability is coming in a future version, though I don't recall when it is being targeted for.

For the moment, if you need this functionality, stick to v1. v2 is coming along, just give it time.

12 hours ago, jonmoore said:

Not only do I want a refund but I expect to keep my license and get a free upgrade to Synergy Pro 3 whenever that comes along - when hopefully the lunatics will no longer be running the show at the asylum formerly known as Symless HQ!

Why on earth would you be entitled to a refund *and* a free upgrade to a new version?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Stace said:

Why on earth would you be entitled to a refund *and* a free upgrade to a new version?

It was sarcasm. But that aside I'm pretty disgusted that software this far from being fit for purpose was released in the first place with such brazen claims. And guess what for all the suggestions of a 100% no quibbles refund, nobody from Symless has got in touch.

dstutzman_nt
26 minutes ago, jonmoore said:

It was sarcasm. But that aside I'm pretty disgusted that software this far from being fit for purpose was released in the first place with such brazen claims. And guess what for all the suggestions of a 100% no quibbles refund, nobody from Symless has got in touch.

While I agree with many of the things you've said here, it's important to keep in mind that this is a self-service support forum. If you need support directly from the developers, or if you want to request a refund, you should send an email to their support address (listed at the top of the thread list on this forum). I've found that they're pretty responsive and you should have no problems with receiving a refund if you don't want to wait for version 2.1 (which they claim will address most/all of these issues).

3 hours ago, dstutzman_nt said:

it's important to keep in mind that this is a self-service support forum. If you need support directly from the developers, or if you want to request a refund, you should send an email to their support address

I have faith that Symless will get v2 together at some point, but at this point it is unusable for me and many others (I have to manually restart the service every day at least once a day and the lack of config details is a real drag) so I'm reverting and see my upgrade fee as an investment in the future. That said, after a few emails and an open ticket, support (Nick Bolton) referred me here directly as I don't believe they have a fix for any of this stuff at this time. Or are overwhelmed with support requests. 

To me, this release seems premature and VERY beta. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the upgrade.

I also reverted for now - the mac <--> windows key mappings are a pretty big deal for me, but I'm a big fan of the configuration-less mode.  Looking forward to 2.1

Today I encounter a new weirdness. The mouse cursors moves over to the OS X slave without problem, but no button presses are recognised. 

But to go back to the non-configuration nature of Synergy 2, I'm always a fan of abstracting complexity but to have no user panel at all is a huge negative. A user still requires an on/off switch at the very least to reset Synergy when they encounter problems.

• 4 months later...

Here it is 5 months later, and there are still no features and upgrade is still a royal pain. I've been looking forward to this for some time, and it was a major reason I risked an OS upgrade to support this, but I'm really regretting it now. The requirements page hasn't been edited in two years, and it doesn't say anything about Ubuntu 14.04 not being supported (missing dependencies in the repos). I didn't upgrade right away, so I'm not eligible for their refund guarantee, but what a disappointment!

Pablo - P

I guess that for advanced users not being able to do some configuration has become very annoying. You should provide some type of configuration overwrite. 
My problemas is the following.
My Synergy configuration keeps switching the server «every time I leave the slave computer», so that one becomes the server, and of course it becomes very difficult to go back to that computer until it switches again.
Is there a way to tell Synergy not to switch and to hace a fixed server.
I love synergy, but it has become very annoying.

sudobangbang

Long-time user of Synergy here. After a 2-3 year hiatus, I just upgraded my Synergy Pro license to Synergy 2 Pro and I'm now also halted by the lack of configuration in Synergy Pro 2.

I guess I'll roll back to Synergy 1 so I can use dead corners and specific parameters but a little disappointed that multiple monitor support was way better in v1. Looking forward to an update that gives us config options again.

• Like 1
GranPaSmurf

Yeah, the term 2.0 sorta implies higher tech with lots of options. It really is higher tech, you just don't see it.

The goal of Synergy 2 is that a user installs it and it auto-configures and works without the user having to intervene. Even to select a server.

Synergy 2.1 is being developed, targeting IT and Power Users. There will be access to a console for administrative control of specific cases, but most users won't ever see it. Offline configuration is planned to be included.

NotYourIngenue

Ah, yes, scroll lock... because that's a key that I totally have.  You can clearly see it on my keyboard.

Like many others, I've been a Synergy user for more years than I can remember at this point.  The fact that Synergy 2 still doesn't even have such simple options as "bump to switch" or "where the hell is my cursor now, bring it back to the master god damnit" is infuriating.  It's been seven months and basic functionality is still not even close to present.

X3bC5xphTju3X8xUmS2f5Q.jpg

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, NotYourIngenue said:

Ah, yes, scroll lock... because that's a key that I totally have.  You can clearly see it on my keyboard.

Our plan is to disable scroll lock by default and allow the user to set a custom hotkey from the settings screen (coming soon). In the meantime, you can enable and disable from the tray icon.

Turo Oraste
On 11/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, LazIsOnline said:

I was under the impression that Synergy 2 would have MORE to offer not less... I had hotkeys and server configs all setup for my systems and it seems I can't do anything to configure ANYTHING with this version of Synergy.

I'll have to user S1 for now until there is either a response explaining how to access server settings/configs or a major update because right now it honestly appears to be steps back.

I totally agree, My main problem was with v1 that I could not use "CTRL" as a Push to talk button on my client computer. Now that works finally and I don't need to suffer from "cabs lock" as my PPT button. Anyway having said that, the version 2 has no "screen lock" So If I run a game and stream the same time my mouse keeps running to my other screens and I cant lock my mouse to my screen. 

And does this work If I don't have internet connection ON?

I feel troubled. Please give us some options here.

Turo Oraste
4 hours ago, GranPaSmurf said:

try pressing 'scroll-lock' to lock cursor to your gaming machine

Nop, nothing. Still moves off. 

I kinda found a temporally fix for this, I move my 2 other CPUs to lower and upper corners of my screen, This way moving to cursor to other machines is harder but function keys still work like ppt and obs hotkeys. Problem tough is in RTS games where you need them corners. I hope we get a hotkey and fast!

GranPaSmurf

Got it. Maybe there will be adequate keymapping in version 2.1. It's still a few months away.

I am getting a little uneasy feeling though. It seems like we're expecting a lot of stuff packed into the 2.1 version. My imagination sees them stacking more and more features into a new version and having to push the release date further and further. It's going to be a task for Nick to know when to call a halt and release a version with most of the stuff with some of the stuff for later.

• 8 months later...

guys its 2019 now.. im still shutting down synergy by hitting the program going to quick launch and disabling it. when is this magic fix finally going to come. I like your program. I want to love your program.. let me love your program... why wont you let me love your program... does your program hate me and other gamers? is there a reason that the original version of this program had 5 times the features this does? am i missing something.... DID YOU GUYS GO BELLY UNDER?!?!?! i think after 2 years now we should get a friggen ETA on that fix?

• 1 month later...
On 07/01/2019 at 9:48 AM, Rav said:

guys its 2019 now.. im still shutting down synergy by hitting the program going to quick launch and disabling it. when is this magic fix finally going to come. I like your program. I want to love your program.. let me love your program... why wont you let me love your program... does your program hate me and other gamers? is there a reason that the original version of this program had 5 times the features this does? am i missing something.... DID YOU GUYS GO BELLY UNDER?!?!?! i think after 2 years now we should get a friggen ETA on that fix?

I agree with you here, I've just bought v2 under the impression that it's being actively worked on, the lack of configuration and features that v2 has is unsettling, instantly reverted to v1. Waste of $9.