Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Android/iOS App for Emulated Mouse/Keyboard

Basically a Wireless Touchpad/Keyboard App for the Phone using Synergy as the way to send the Mouse/Keyboard Commands to the PCs.

Within Synergy it should act as a "Server" with no Screen (or a Screen of the Size 1x1 which can only be left but not entered)

There are already many Keyboard/Mouse Emulators in the Google Play Store (and i guess the same applies to Apples App Store) which require a Programm to be installed on the target Computers, but i guess this would be the only one which allows control of multiple Computers simultaneously.

Further Ideas extending this one (optional, not core part of the idea):

=> the App could also additionaly be used to Visualize the current Screen Setup and show which Screen currently has the active Input
=> and to quickly switch Input to the desired target Computer in more extensive Setups
=> Maybe also add a Function to reduce Volume/Mute Audio/Pause playback on the connected Devices when there is an incoming call

I already found the already existing Topic iOS Support - the key difference here is that the Phone is not intended to be controlled by the Mouse/Keyboard but only be used as Mouse/Keyboard replacement

Edited by UniTrader
  • 3 weeks later...
Kelvin Tran

Well, the issue is that for Symless to develop a new Synergy release for an operating system, there has to be a decent ROI (return on investment) for them to spend the extra resources necessary to code an entirely new app that is compliant with Google Play Store rules (if they choose to release it in Google Play) and the market for Synergy on Android isn't there.

I perfectly understand why you would want it to work on Android, but unfortunately, as far as I see it, it's PROBABLY not going to happen because of the relatively low amount of people that are asking for Android support (you're the only one I've seen thus far).

Remember that Symless cannot develop releases for ALL operating systems. They need to put their resources into what is most important to their revenue flow, since they are a business, after all. Just a really cool one. :P

Kelvin Tran
1 hour ago, UniTrader said:

i did also ask for this about a Month ago, but the Topic is still pending Approval :roll:

I know, I saw it. I'm going to approve it, but give me some time to formulate a response before I do.

• 3 weeks later...
Thibaultmol

+1! I'd love to have this. I don't necessarily need something like Samsung dex (although that would be pretty nice, but can't do it anyway since I have a google pixel 2).

But just having my phone on a stand on my desk and being able to drag my mouse and keyboard over there if needed would be great.

If somehow there were technical limitations with this, I wouldn't even be that annoying about have it be plugged into my pc. If I just had a dock with a usb c port at the bottom and I just slide it in there and it automatically connects to the Synergy desktop application, that would be enough for me!

• 3 months later...
Kris Kiser

I would like this feature set also.  Not just for my android based phone but I have Nvidia Shields in every room of my home and one in my office.  It too is android based and would love to be able to use my mouse/keyboard at my office desk to control my Shield and drag/drop any files necessary between the two.  Actually one of the reasons I bought this software because it said had linux support and may be wrong but thought that is all android is.  Well a version of it anyhow.  Hope the powers that be at least consider adding Android support.

Thanks

Kris