Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard language issues

Tomas Vorobjov
I don't seem to be able to type some non latin characters using synergy pro when I use different language keyboards. While everything works perfectly on the server machine, moving to the client, some characters with ascents don't work. For example, I should be getting: [code]ľščťžýáíéúäňô[/code] but instead, I get [code]lšctžýáíéúänô[/code] even when using accent modifier keys, i.e. not typing č directly but doing c + ˇ or even alt + 0269, nothing works To be honest this is a complete deal breaker for me ... Synergy 1.7.3 pro (both client & server) Server: Windows 8.1 Pro N (64-bit) Client: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
  • 3 weeks later...
Tomas Vorobjov
Well, thank you for completely ignoring pretty much everything that goes on these boards ... made my decision to move to Multiplicity that much easier. BTW, Multiplicity supports all keyboards, has no issues with version updates nor no trouble dealing with UAC loss of focus ... so that's it. Synergy might have been a great alternative, but you guys just took the money and couldn't care less ...
  • 6 months later...
I have the same problem, and it's a total PITA sometimes. I cannot create a " or ' symbol on the Windows client. These characters are created using a dead key: the accent followed by a space. Typing this on a keyboard connected directly to the client works fine. Typing other accented letters (such as ä á ë é) works fine. The Linux/Debian client works fine. It used to work a handful of versions ago. I'm not sure when it broke, though. Setup: Server: Mac OSX 10.11.3, running Synergy 1.7.5 Client: Windows 7, running Synergy 1.7.5 Client: Debian, running Synergy 1.7.5 Is anyone else having this issue? And even more interesting, is there a fix/workaround for this? JW
  • 6 months later...
Tuang Dheandhanoo
[quote="Tomas Vorobjov"]Well, thank you for completely ignoring pretty much everything that goes on these boards ... made my decision to move to Multiplicity that much easier. BTW, Multiplicity supports all keyboards, has no issues with version updates nor no trouble dealing with UAC loss of focus ... so that's it. Synergy might have been a great alternative, but you guys just took the money and couldn't care less ...[/quote] Thank you for introducing Multiplicity... :)