Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 support for Raspbian on ARMv6 and ARMv7

Hi!  I was hoping for Synergy 2 support to extend beyond my MacOS machines to my RasPi machines.  Who is working on bringing Synergy 2 to the Raspbian Jessie and Stretch?  I'd like to volunteer to help -- I've already downloaded and compiled the open source components over at the Symless GitHub Repo for synergy-core and I've gotten it to compile under Raspbian Jessie on an ARMv71, but I'm having issues with it talking to Synergy 2 running under MacOS X Sierra (10.12).  I develop in Python and C/C++ and am more than happy to contribute back to the community -- I just want to be plugged in with the right folks working on this particular facet of development.

How can I help?

• Like 1
andyonahill

Hi esbailey,

I too face the same issue, I upgraded to Synergy 2 to take up the offer and to move to the latest, only to find no support for those of who use less usual OSs.  Previously I have compiled Synergy from source on Raspbian, but there does not seem to be source available for Synergy 2 at the moment. 

I have emailed support but got several replies saying that they were very busy and was my request urgent. Not very helpful.

So if anyone out there can give us access to the source so we can compile ourselves for Raspbian, I am happy to test it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 5:31 AM, andyonahill said:

I too face the same issue, I upgraded to Synergy 2 to take up the offer and to move to the latest, only to find no support for those of who use less usual OSs.  Previously I have compiled Synergy from source on Raspbian, but there does not seem to be source available for Synergy 2 at the moment. 

I have emailed support but got several replies saying that they were very busy and was my request urgent. Not very helpful.

Given that the rollout of version on mainstream desktop platforms was such a clusterfsck, one imagines that suggestions for getting it to run on a Raspberry Pi will be routed to /dev/null.

• 1 month later...

Is there still nothing about getting this working for Stretch? 

I tried using the debian download file, then got some error about missing dependencies, then when I run the get update found in this reddit post I get an error about some of the files not being downloaded because there isn't a stretch release file. 

Can we get some feedback on this?