Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - How to delete a computer

Regretting purchasing before trialing - renamed my computer now I have two in the list and having all sorts of issues between my Mac and Win 10 laptop also

This is getting ridiculous.  It reminds why I turned away from Synergy before.  The products always feel "so close" to being really good, but they seem to not have the time, skill, resources, or discipline to prioritize and work through these niggling issues.  This time it is the inability to remove old computers in 1.x versions, for years there were massive bugs that never went away.

Now I am simply trying to use this for a basic setup: one iMac and one MacBook.  I know I had to fix a name twice, but the others have appeared when my router was restarted and after there was a power outage. I now have to start my workday every morning playing "Which computer is the real one" on both sides and then rearrange everything to get organized.

@Symless I may sound harsh, but I am rooting for you.  I love your product "ideas" and they come. close to being great. I know the challenges I have built 3 software companies myself. But if you would focus on these CRITICAL user experience items and squash quickly, you could easily become one of the "must have" utilities that so many people automatically put on their computers and use all the time.  But as it stands I can't and don't recommend your product to people that I know could use it, because It's my reputation too.  As it stands the dev cycle is too slow to justify the prices.  Make it better and I'm happy to support and pay for this product.

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 1.36.08 PM.png

• Thanks 1

For whatever reason my Synergy 2 is no longer working at all on the 3 computers i have it installed on.  This happened after I installed it on my new windows machine and then re-imaged the machine shortly after.  After installing again it added another monitor and I could never get things to sync between the 3 devices again.  I then changed the name of my primary machine to see if the previous name was conflicting with my first instance and it left the duplicate name and added another monitor.  Love your software and I'm excited for you to get this working again.

Thanks,

Jon

Capture.PNG.76ad747b10ea5aacaf8421540552bd90.PNG

This really should be a simple fix...  I have tried to completely remove the software, and deleted all "known" folders/config files, but I still have an orphaned desktop.  At a minimum I'd like to see some sort of temporary work around for this issue.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic