aristizabal95

Synergy minimizes full screen programs on Windows

3 posts in this topic

I'm having this problem whenever I switch from one screen to another while running a fullscreen program on my windows. The program either gets minimized completely, or the computer brings the taskbar upfront. This happens whether my windows behaves as a client or a server. This is really frustrating since I lose focus of the program I'm running.

How to replicate

Open a browser on a windows with synergy 2

press F11 or make the browser full screen

Switch screens

Taskbar should show on top until the user returns to the windows computer

This used to be avoided by a Synergy setting called "Don't take foreground window on Windows servers".

Without any settings interface in Synergy 2 we have no obvious way to configure this, but it is still a setting.  Synergy 2's configuration can be found at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Symless\Synergy\synergy.conf and the setting you want is "win32KeepForeground = true".

To keep the changes you will need to modify the file properties to Read-only or else Synergy2 will overwrite your changes when it next launches.  Speaking of, you need to restart the Synergy service in order for the setting to take effect at all.  (or reboot)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JLJTGR said:

This used to be avoided by a Synergy setting called "Don't take foreground window on Windows servers".

Without any settings interface in Synergy 2 we have no obvious way to configure this, but it is still a setting.  Synergy 2's configuration can be found at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Symless\Synergy\synergy.conf and the setting you want is "win32KeepForeground = true".

To keep the changes you will need to modify the file properties to Read-only or else Synergy2 will overwrite your changes when it next launches.  Speaking of, you need to restart the Synergy service in order for the setting to take effect at all.  (or reboot)

This fixed my problem! I'm hoping Synergy 2.1 adds all the configuration synergy1 had, as most of the problems I'm having are due to a lack of configuration. Thanks for posting the solution