Amy Fox

Stopping the service

3 posts in this topic

You can disable Synergy temporarily by stopping the background service. We'll be adding a feature to do this in 2.1 which is due early 2018. Until then, it has to be done manually.

Windows:

Open the Services program (Run > services.msc) and find the Synergy service. Double click it to edit the service, and choose Manual from "Startup type", then click Stop to stop the background process, and Start to start it again.

macOS:

Open the Terminal app and run this command:

launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/com.symless.synergy.synergy-service.plist

To enable it again, run this command instead:

launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/com.symless.synergy.synergy-service.plist

Linux:

Open the Terminal program and run:

sudo systemctl stop synergy

And then to re-enable it:

sudo systemctl start synergy

Edited by Amy Fox
  • Thanks 1

Seriously? With that many issues this software has (and I can tell for sure it's practically the same as version 1.8.x because it has exact the same issues) you don't even give us the option to restart the service from the UI?

That's ridiculous, as if you're not even aware of all the issues.

Restarting my Windows host now doesn't fix stuck-rmouse-button issue on my macbook-client, for example.

In version 1.8.x restarting Synergy via GUI on the Windows host always fixed that for me.

I want an option to restart Synergy via GUI, and it should not be optional, because this software is definitely not capable of proper self-config, as intended.

Edited by Martin Fürholz

Now even restarting it as described above on both the Windows host and the Macbook client fixes that issue for me. Only way is to reboot the client. Which is horrible because I get this issue almost daily.

@Amy Fox thanks for posting the workaround.

Edited by Martin Fürholz