Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

wayland support

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrentC

• ccoenen

• Rubin Starset

• UnixOutlaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure when wayland support is planned, but linux is moving pretty fast in that direction. Doesn't effect me at the moment, but I'm sure my next upgrade will see wayland on my computer either alone

A message to the developers: I saw in your issues page where the lack complaints from licensed users (as opposed to Github users) makes this look like a low priority issue to you. As a licensed user,

I look at comments like, "if you want Synergy, you need to switch to Xorg" to being equivalent to, "you must run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode". The new product has been out for ne

Posted Images

Nigel Atkinson
On 1/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, Chillosophy said:

Are you kidding me. Fine. Asking for Wayland support, preferably years ago. This is embarrasing.

I totally agree. Saying your not doing it because only github users are asking for it and not licensed users is short sighted to say the least.  Also many of those github user will be licensed users. You need to support Wayland. I'm watching several upcoming alternatives to Synergy, and I have no problem switching to them.

I realise that input capture and emitting is no walk in the park on Wayland, but Synergy could be working with Wayland/Wayland compositor devs to get a standard way to do this.

Rubin Starset

@ccoenen: thanks!

I looked into lan-mouse a bit ago but shied away due to a lack of encryption and not being able to grab input from Windows. That second issue I can just resolving by switching where my mouse and keyboard are plugged into and deal with that until support for Windows shows up (there are plenty of times where my Linux laptop isn't sitting next to my Windows desktop, and yes I have a small USB switcher). The first issue, at the time of looking into lan-mouse, I just didn't have the available mental bandwidth to figure out an ssh tunnel between the two machine (and no, no one should trust their local home or work network for anything, look up zero trust). I'll put lan-mouse in the list and see about testing over the next week or two. 

Thanks again!

Rubin Starset

KDE is having a great Reddit AMA regarding the soon to be release Plasma 6. I asked about libei, and contributor mitsosseundscharf responded with:

I plan to spend some time for it for 6.1.

I already implemented support 3 years ago for sending against an experimental libei that needs updating. Receiving input via ei needs implementing it from scratch.

Edited by Rubin Starset