Davey

How do I send Ctrl-Alt-Del to windows 7 from Linux

9 posts in this topic

My main node (and therefore keyboard & mouse host) is a linux PC.  I have 2 client nodes running Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I can easily unlock the Windows 10 by pressing space or dragging the logon screen with the mouse, but Windows 7 needs Ctrl-Alt-Del.
I used to use Ctrl-Alt-Break but this isn't working in 2.0.1.

Any ideas?

I have this exact same issue where my keyboard and mouse are connected to a Linux PC and the client is a Windows 7 PC.  I am unable to press Ctrl+Alt+Del on the login screen or after logging in on version 2.0.1.

As I recall you had to run a special command on Windows to allow a service to send the "Ctrl+Alt+Del"  command on Synergy 1.  It also helped with the escalation issues.  I set it once forever ago but can't find the instructions to try it again.  Not sure if its the same issue in Windows 10 because it wasn't around when I set it before.

I found the thread in the synergy 1 forum.  There is a simlar setting in Windows 10.  Not sure if it'll fix your issue:

This is also an issue I'm having with my machines.  I had them set up to use Ctrl+Alt+Pause/Break in Synergy 1 (worked great), but Synergy 2 doesn't seem to be registering it correctly.

32 minutes ago, SchwannyT said:

I found the thread in the synergy 1 forum.  There is a simlar setting in Windows 10.  Not sure if it'll fix your issue:

I had the Windows 7 Policy already set from when I used Synergy 1 so I could use Ctrl+Alt+Del and it doesn't seem to work on Synergy 2.  I verified the values were correct from the link you posted.  Also the Ctrl+Alt+Pause/Break does not work either.

I think this is something the Synergy development team is going to have to fix since features of Synergy 1 were not re-implemented in Synergy 2.  Even after logging in, the Ctrl+Alt+Del  and Ctrl+Alt+Pause/Break key combinations don't work.

Hello

where is the CTRL ALT Pause key configuration existing in Synergy 1 to be able to send CTRL ALT DEL on the "remote" windows machine?

is this feature is missing in the new version ?

I'll uninstall v2 and go back to v1 until this feature or the multiple computer unlock is available.

Edited by lmas

This is a pretty important feature for those who are in an enterprise environment. I cannot use without being able to unlock and lock my secondary PC.