JorVe

Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud

6 posts in this topic

So...

I just went to pirate bay and downloaded a hacked version of Synergy. i Admit...
Before installing i decided that i shouldn't do that, not when actively working with it and bought Synergy not 5 minutes ago.

Happy to finally get rid of my two keyboards on my way to small desk i installed and Voila.
It doesn't work because it can't connect to the cloud.
I won't come with the "Wish i had not paid for it", as it seems to be a great software (when it works) i can wait one more day. but i still would love to use that where i paid for because it's a need and not a fun toy.

Anyone here to support me :)
Regards J

JorVe, sometime the cloud connection is a little spotty. Don't immediately conclude it's the program or installation. 

What are your OS systems? 

What does your Synergy UI look like? 

Sometimes start/stop the Synergy service boosts it. Sometimes it a system restart seems to get it off the the ground. Then give it a few minutes before you worry. It sometimes takes up to 3 or 4 minutes. 

Once you are all green you are likely to be able just use it and forget it. 

• Thanks 1

Hello KringleKrebs,

It seems i need to be more patient :) as it connected at the moment i wanted to make you a screenshot.

Windows 10 and Mint works perfectly.

So all happy i bought it and didn't get any illegal stuff.
Cheers for your quick reply.
I keep a mouse connected to my Linux machine.. I already noticed that this is a must to click on a certain retry button :D once in a while.

so for all readers:
Issue Resolved, and please be patient at first use!!

yeh, had the same issue. cloud isnt as stable as I hoped it was.

they know this, I hope they will fix this in the future.

they are making synergy less cloud dependant but it'l still require initial contact

9 hours ago, JorVe said:

I just went to pirate bay and downloaded a hacked version of Synergy. i Admit...

Haha, brilliant.

What's the link?

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2017 at 3:04 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Haha, brilliant.

What's the link?

Hello Nick.
You can find a copy of your software when searching for it on any of the Torrent bays.

Not sure if you want it though :P you might end up with sharing more than just a mouse and keyboard :D 
And i'm sure you don't need an illegal version of your own software.

Regards J