Rig

Copy and Paste stops working

8 posts in this topic

Running Synergy 2

I have a Windows 10 PC and an Apple iMac running High Sierra, the Windows PC is the server.

I find that quite often I cannot copy and paste between the 2 machines, if I restart them then I can copy and paste for a while (few hours)

Same setup and I find the same. Sometimes it depends on the application/data format. So if you first convert rich text to plain text it will then copy/paste OK. However on other occasions it just stops working altogether.

Edited by IT Troll

on mac the copy/paste command is cmd-x/c/v and on windows ist ctrl-x/c/v I dont think they have implemented support for the cmd<->win key

I don't believe it is a keyboard support issue. When sharing the keyboard the copy/paste functions work fine within whichever computer you are currently controlling. It is just that the clipboard contents are not always shared to other computers.

The cmd<->win translation is handled fine. In fact I actually use a Mac keyboard plugged into my Windows PC and can happily control both.

The issue isn't the keyboard, copy/paste works perfectly fine...and then it stops, and only a restart fixes it.

I've tried copying and pasting into a text document to remove any special character or HTML on my Windows PC and then copying the raw text and trying to paste it on my mac, but that also fails.

I've also had problems with "copy-paste stops working" since I started to use(probably few years now).. Updated to 2.0.1 on hope that they fixed it, but its still there, at least for me win7-win10

I, too, am having issues with this - specifically I noticed that copy-paste between the host (Windows 7) and remote (Windows 10) failed to work pretty consistently.  This is a major issue for me since many of the URLs I have to test across these different hardware platforms are simply impractical to type in.  

I've emailed support and I hope to hear back soon.