Verequies

Does Windows XP work with Synergy 2?

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

My friend asked me if I could test compatibility with Windows XP for him before he purchased Synergy as he needs XP for some old applications. I spun up a virtual machine in order to test and I found that while the 32-bit installer for Synergy 2 runs, it fails to start the services. Upon further investigation I found that the executables were "not a valid Win32 application." Does this mean that XP is unsupported? or is it a bug with the installer?.

Edited by Verequies

Windows XP isn't supported right now, but we're considering to add support in 2.1 or 2.2 (maybe). 

Do you need a refund?

8 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Windows XP isn't supported right now, but we're considering to add support in 2.1 or 2.2 (maybe). 

Do you need a refund?

Ah okay cool, if you add support again that would be awesome! Can I ask what Windows OS's the 32-bit & 64-bit releases do support?

Nah I don't need a refund, this was just a test for a friend, I still use Synergy for other purposes. Is it possible we can still get access to Synergy 1 Pro? I didn't purchase it but for those who own Synergy 2, it might be good to have access to Synergy 1 if we need it. As it has more features, I'm going to have to wait till Synergy v2.1/2.2 till the features I use become available (Relative mouse moves, screen switching/locking hotkeys, offline activation & the ability to set a specific server IP).

Edited by Verequies

2 hours ago, Verequies said:

Can I ask what Windows OS's the 32-bit & 64-bit releases do support?

Presumably Vista/7 and up, since I know for sure 7 works and Vista is kind of similar, although I'm not sure. I'm going to edge on the side of Vista, but for sure Windows 7 if Vista is not supported yet.

@Nick Bolton, do you have a System Requirements page? If not, that'd be helpful. :P 

Is it possible we can still get access to Synergy 1 Pro? I didn't purchase it but for those who own Synergy 2, it might be good to have access to Synergy 1 if we need it.

Email [email protected] and they'd be more than happy to grant you a copy of Synergy 1, although as a person that's not a member of the Synergy team but has received confirmation that they will grant you Synergy 1, I cannot guarantee that it will be of the Pro variety.

As it has more features, I'm going to have to wait till Synergy v2.1/2.2 till the features I use become available (Relative mouse moves, screen switching/locking hotkeys, offline activation & the ability to set a specific server IP).

Awesome! The Synergy team is working day and night on it, and we hope you enjoy the fruits of their labor when it becomes available!

@Nick Bolton, do you have a System Requirements page? If not, that'd be helpful. :P 

That would actually be really helpful to have, I couldn't seem to find one and was one of the reasons that led me to posting.

Email [email protected] and they'd be more than happy to grant you a copy of Synergy 1, although as a person that's not a member of the Synergy team but has received confirmation that they will grant you Synergy 1, I cannot guarantee that it will be of the Pro variety.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip, I'll get right on that :)