squarebracket

How to Set X Display?

7 posts in this topic

synergy-core keeps trying to open my X display as :0. Unfortunately, my X display is actually located on :1.

I edited the systemd file to add DISPLAY=:1 to the environment, and that worked. But, I am wondering if there is some sort of unexposed config, like maybe in /var/lib/synergy/synergy-user.cfg ? Since editing the systemd file feels kind of.... icky.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2017 at 6:15 PM, squarebracket said:

Since editing the systemd file feels kind of.... icky.

Icky indeed! This is something we're working on in 2.1, so people don't need to edit configs to get it working.

IM NOT ALONE!!!

I honestly thought I was the only person stupid enough to have a problem with this, sadly the AUR package + moderating this forum is about all the time I have after school so I didn't even check if there was a global config.

if you don't want to change the global config you can manually run the synergy core using the command printed after sharing from your server.

this won't auto switch etc but it works for a oneway config.

By "global config" are you talking about the systemd file? If there's a legit config file I can add it to, that would be great -- I don't want to deal with conflicting files when upgrading. 

2 minutes ago, squarebracket said:

By "global config" are you talking about the systemd file? If there's a legit config file I can add it to, that would be great -- I don't want to deal with conflicting files when upgrading. 

haha whoops, my mind is doing weird things lately, I type completely different things then what I want to type.o.O

On 11/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, squarebracket said:

synergy-core keeps trying to open my X display as :0. Unfortunately, my X display is actually located on :1.

I edited the systemd file to add DISPLAY=:1 to the environment, and that worked. But, I am wondering if there is some sort of unexposed config, like maybe in /var/lib/synergy/synergy-user.cfg ? Since editing the systemd file feels kind of.... icky.

If anyone is wondering how to add DISPLAY=:1 to the environement, here is my file (/usr/lib/systemd/system/synergy.service)

After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=0
SyslogLevel=err
Environment=DISPLAY=:1
ExecStart=/usr/bin/synergy-service

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

And finally: 

sudo systemctl daemon-reload