Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac OS Sierra & Windows 10 both see each other, mouse won't share

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but I didn't see my exact issue in the pages available. Both of my devices see each other and are green, but the mouse/keyboard won't share with the other machine. I had this issue in the beta, but it resolved by turning one of the wireless mice off. I've tried restarting and closing it out totally/restarting services, etc. but nothing seems to be helping. Occasionally the PC mouse will work on the Mac (not sure the rhyme or reason), but not vice versa. I'd prefer to use the Mac mouse for both, but anything that gets it reliably working will make me happy :)

• 5 months later...
littledank

@Daisy @Drewski It resolved on its own, so I never ended up e-mailing. It seems to happen to me whenever an update is available. I update both machines, restart, and that usually resolves it. Sometimes I've found that my Mac is trying to auto-connect to a different network than the one I select when I get both machines to link and that's the issue.

I had the same issue after upgrading to 2.0.10. No amount of restarting, rebooting fixed it.

After browsing through the forums it seemed like there might have been an issue with recent updates to macOS. I downgraded synergy on the mac to 2.0.8 and it's started working. So now I'm running 2.0.8 on Mac and 2.0.10 on PC.

littledank

I'm not on 2.0.10 yet (I usually wait until I have trouble with my current version before upgrading) but I can say that 2.0.9 is working fine with PC/Mac combo for me.

Mirko Mancini
On 5/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Shammi said:

I had the same issue after upgrading to 2.0.10. No amount of restarting, rebooting fixed it.

After browsing through the forums it seemed like there might have been an issue with recent updates to macOS. I downgraded synergy on the mac to 2.0.8 and it's started working. So now I'm running 2.0.8 on Mac and 2.0.10 on PC.

Same here, I fixed downgrading both Mac on 2.0.9, it works fine (like was before upgrading). I'm not gonna update for now.