Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client click not responding

stuart macmillan

stuart macmillan

Hi Guys,

I want to log a call with the synergy guys but I just want to check if this is an issue on your setups as well.

I have found that if I minimize any window on the server PC and then move directly to a client, clicking does not work until I click anywhere on the server again. All other functions work as normal e.g. scrolling, type etc. It only effects clicking.

It seems as if minimizing a window "holds onto" the click function on the server.

I am running an all windows setup with windows 10 as my server.

Please could you test this and if you are getting the same result I will log a call.

Thanks

Stuart

Kelvin Tran

I have an all macOS set up, and I don't experience this issue at all.

Maybe get someone with all Linux, then get someone with all Windows to confirm your hypothesis.

I heard those guys over at Symless are pretty Windows savvy... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 1:28 AM, stuart macmillan said:

I have found that if I minimize any window on the server PC and then move directly to a client, clicking does not work until I click anywhere on the server again. All other functions work as normal e.g. scrolling, type etc. It only effects clicking.

It seems as if minimizing a window "holds onto" the click function on the server.

I am running an all windows setup with windows 10 as my server.

Please could you test this and if you are getting the same result I will log a call.

I'm having a similar problem, although I'm not sure what's causing it.  Windows 10 Server, MacOS client.  At random times I'll get into a situation where mouse clicks don't register on the MacOS client.  When this happens, I usually restart the synergy service on my server and things start working properly again.  

I am also having this issue, all Windows 10 installs.  For me, it happens every time I intend to use Synergy and even after a clean boot of my serving workstation.

I'm having this exact issue as well, with two Win 10 installs, but I didn't realise it was because of minimizing a window on the server.

When I "un-minimized" the window, the mouse functions correctly on the client again.

For me, sometimes a simple click/right-click on the server desktop is enough to make the client clicks work again.  It's not always the case though.  

The only "tried and true" method that works for me to recover from this condition is to restart the Synergy services on the Win10 Synergy server.  

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you whose clicks are registering intermittently on the client screens, are you running AutoHotKey (AHK)?  If you exit AHK do your clicks start working reliably?  If so, I'll gather a little more information on what I did to make things stable (at least for the last 30 minutes) even with AHK running.  

Edited by jayvee