Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3 performace is poor

Alan Price
I reinstalled 1.7.2 on an Ubuntu 14.04 server and a Yosemite 10.10 client. There were two reasons for my doing this; 1. The mouse was unresponsive on client and had noticeable slow down on the server, I know weird. 2. The mouse would at random intervals no longer be able to leave the server screen. I never saw it drop from the client and then fail to leave the server screen, it would only happen after moving to the server screen. I say random because though many seem to correspond to the Clipboard size issues I read about, it would stop when there was no clipboard data. This was happening more than once an hour and just became unbearable. Clicking apply (on the server) a few times would get it going again. Logging did not show any errors, disconnects or useful troubleshooting info. Though sometimes it would say that the cursor might not be visible in the client logs. I do not have any apparent issues with 1.7.2 on my current configuration.
Hello, I installed 1.7.3 yesterday and am seeing similar issues. I am working between Windows 7 (server) and Debian Latest (client). I will randomly get the error "NOTE: client "Debian-client" is dead". The clipboard will almost never transfer from the Debian client to the server(it will work randomly), but I have not had issues with the clipboard from the Win-7 server to the Debian client. So maybe the issue is just on the debian side of things. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks, B.