Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0 Stable noticed errors.

Hi

I have two biggest problems with Synergy 2.0.

1. Drag and drop is not working Windows 10 (1709) <-> Mac (10.13.1) - how to check what is wrong (did not worked in any version)?
2. Synergy on Mac has issue to connecting to auto-config service (and afer some on off attempts is asking again to Sig in to web page)

Log:

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-11-08/194-2017-11-08T08-30-43.log

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 08.29.49.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 08.30.18.jpg

Edited by Kelvin Tran
Kelvin Tran

Please do not include a long log like that. It is a pain to scroll through. Please refer to the proper procedure for sending Synergy logs pinned to the Self-Support forums.

Drag and Drop is not meant to work. Though it was a Synergy 1 feature, it is coming in Synergy 2.1, if you looked at the Pricing list on the Symless website.

Have you tried using the PROPER uninstallation and reinstallation steps and the manual procedure for restarting the service portion of Synergy to eliminate corrupted software and services as the issue? Also, @Nick Bolton has said that they had trouble with cloud connections, but they have mitigated the issue. Have you tried again recently?

"Have you tried using the PROPER uninstallation and reinstallation steps and the manual procedure for restarting the service portion of Synergy to eliminate corrupted software and services as the issue? Also, @Nick Bolton has said that they had trouble with cloud connections, but they have mitigated the issue. Have you tried again recently?" - yes, no difference.

Kelvin Tran

Have you verified that your firewall or other UTM security solution is not blocking the outbound connections made by Synergy to connect to the cloud services?

If it is, you may want to set an outbound and inbound rule that is application-based for the various Synergy executables that can be found on the Windows version.

Have you tried contacting Symless support directly ([email protected]), or would you rather rely on the community to help you fix this issue?

Can you provide information what traffic port services servers should be unblocked to confirm all is ok?I cannot provide request to unblock the traffic/port host if I have no data what should be unblocked.
As far as I understand issue if this is just FW problem this should be 0 - 1 situation (not working or working) is is disconnection and reconnection this may be something else.

Are you expecting to load proper ssl cert to pubsub1.cloud.symless.com?

Kelvin Tran
1 minute ago, filemoon said:

Can you provide information what traffic port services servers should be unblocked to confirm all is ok?I cannot provide request to unblock the traffic/port host if I have no data what should be unblocked.
As far as I understand issue if this is just FW problem this should be 0 - 1 situation (not working or working) is is disconnection and reconnection this may be something else.

Are you expecting to load proper ssl cert to pubsub1.cloud.symless.com?

There are certain security settings that could be set to Enabled if you are using a SOHO router and a home internet connection. You may need to manually go into Windows Firewall to unblock it by application. There are several executables, all of which (if not most) can be found in the Synergy Program Files folder. If that doesn't work, use a protocol/packet analyzer and find out what ports Synergy is using when making the cloud connection and check logs to see if it is receiving data back from the cloud or not.

Synergy 2 is highly dependent on the cloud in order to establish a local connection between the servers. A self-signed SSL certificate will work, since it's only used for temporary purposes and not, say, anything to do with trust and verification that would mandate involvement with an TLS CA.

Local FW is setup correctly (Windows and Mac side - still documentation should be availiable) my question is about Cloud connection (as far as I see we have problem with cloud connection) - I need to know what hosts need to be "whitelisted" any ports needed?
Is there any official documentation about this?

Kelvin Tran

Okay.

From what I've experienced both with personal usage and experimenting a little bit, I can determine there is a heavy load on cloud services. Have you ever gotten your client to connect to cloud services? Is this intermittent or consistently not working?

If you will check logs you will notice clients are connected.

They are reconnecting and refreshing settings any 10-20 seconds. This process is not stable and when connection timeout accuring they asking to authenticate (log to web) again.

I don’t think this is FW issue, I think this is Synergy infrastructore (cloud) issue.

Regards Chris

Kelvin Tran
11 minutes ago, filemoon said:

If you will check logs you will notice clients are connected.

They are reconnecting and refreshing settings any 10-20 seconds. This process is not stable and when connection timeout accuring they asking to authenticate (log to web) again.

I don’t think this is FW issue, I think this is Synergy infrastructore (cloud) issue.

Regards Chris

You're probably right on that. If they are connected, then it will be infrastructural issues that cause any glitches.