Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Machines not seeing each other

So, I installed RC2 hoping it would fix the issue I was having in RC1, where I couldn't actually share anything.  It's worse in RC2.  Both machines, after rebooting and retrying a number of times to connect to the auto-configure and back services, finally show a blue screen.  Each machine shows one box, for itself.  They don't see each other.  And just now, the windows box went back to saying it couldn't connect to the auto-configure, and now is telling me to sing in with Symless.  Clicking the link fails: Login failed! Session already established.  However, the Ubuntu box is now showing both machines, though selecting to share from either machine does nothing.

So, just after I posted the above, it actually signed me in.  Now both machines see each other, and I'm back to the original RC1 problem that I can't actually share anything.

Edited by billbunton

So I went out and did some work in the shop for a while.  Came back, and the Windows machine is asking me to sign in again ("Oops! There was a problem.  Please try again.".  The Ubuntu machine says "There was a problem connecting to the back ground service."

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hey everyone, this issue is now fixed. Sorry for the downtime. If you're still having issues, please email us ([email protected]). You'll be glad to know that we're starting work on 2.1 now, which will have an offline mode. Also, the online mode will be far less reliant on the cloud. Only the bare minimum (activation and IP address exchange) will go through the cloud servers.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic