Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Debian to Mac OSX

Has anyone tested Synergy 2 on Debian, I've been working all night trying to get passed that stupid ssl error with Synergy 1, supposedly Synergy 1.9 fixes those issues I'll have to give it a shot. But yeah is this functioning on Debian ?

jaap aarts

synergy 1 should work for everyone, synergy2 works for most people.

just make sure you are not using wayland, they will add support for that later in 2.0

I've had it working fine on XUBUNTU, right out of the box. I've managed to get 1.8 to work with Debian jumping some hoops adding libssl1.0.0. Synergy 2 wouldn't even connect to the cloud to accept my login info on Debian.

Thanks for all the replies.

jaap aarts
Just now, n0tj said:

I've had it working fine on XUBUNTU, right out of the box. I've managed to get 1.8 to work with Debian jumping some hoops adding libssl1.0.0. Synergy 2 wouldn't even connect to the cloud to accept my login info on Debian.

Thanks for all the replies.

right now the cloud is a bit messed up, try again in a couple of hours.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
13 hours ago, jaap aarts said:

right now the cloud is a bit messed up, try again in a couple of hours.

Hey everyone, this issue is now fixed. Sorry for the downtime. If you're still having issues, please email us ([email protected]). You'll be glad to know that we're starting work on 2.1 now, which will have an offline mode. Also, the online mode will be far less reliant on the cloud. Only the bare minimum (activation and IP address exchange) will go through the cloud servers.