Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copying text from OS X to Windows (1.7.2 and 1.7.3)

Isaac To
Copying text from OS X to Windows fails most of the time on both 1.7.2 and 1.7.3. I am running OS X 10.10.3 and Windows 8.1.
Ryan Schmid
Have you found a fix? I have this problem all the time. The only fix is to stop and start the server process, clipboard transfers fine for a few days again. Happening right now between synergy-v1.7.3-stable-efd0108-Windows-x64 (server) and synergy-v1.7.3-stable-efd0108-Linux-i686.deb
jhp boerdijk
I have a feeling that certain apps are 'more sensitive' to copy & paste not working.. One stupid thing I tried was that often copy & paste from a browser on windows to 'somewhere' on osx doesn't work. However if I copy & paste from e.g. the browser on windows to notepad on the same machine, then ctrl+a / ctrl+c from notepad - and [i]then[/i] paste on osx it DOES work ( most of the time ). Haven't tried enough to be able to really tell accurately when it does or does-not work, but I'll try and keep and eye on it and try and pinpoint it down further. However I think we can all agree that's it's [b]really [/b]annoying when it doesn't work, and it would be nice if this issue were looked into.
  • 5 weeks later...
Isaac, Ryan, and JHP, It would be helpful to get some more details about the clipboard issues. Some issues have a simple work-around, others have been fixed already in the latest nightly version, still others might be solved for the 1.7.4 version. I don't know enough about your issues to have much insight, be here are some workarounds that often work: - turning off clipboard manager programs such as Glipper/Glippy/Klipper) - copy/pasting first into a plain-text app on same system, then copying that content to paste into other system - disabling SSL - after copying, moving mouse to destination system then back to origin system then to destination system again before paste - if a system is in elevated mode, running not-elevated (or vice-versa) I hope you will let us know the answers to these questions: - exact behavior when something crashes/doesn't work - does Synergy continue working otherwise? - minimum steps to make Synergy work again if it closes/crashes/stops - Synbergy log content for each system involved, with logging level set to at least Debug - SSL enabled? - Synergy in "elevated" mode? - size of content copied (exact size in bytes, if possible) - where copied (application, OS, is it a Synergy server or client)? - where pasted? - problem occurs one-way, or both-ways? - if successful in copy-pasting opposite way, does copy-paste the original way then work? - intermittent? - copying plain-text? - are any non-English characters involved? - are any clipboard managers such as Glipper, Glippy, or Klipper running?