Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot connect between a Macbook 10.10.3 & a Windows 7 Netbo

Matthew Porch
Hi I recently bought a Macbook pro and have been trying to setup synergy on it to use with an old windows 7 starter samsung netbook that I have. I am using the Macbook as the server and the netbook as a client. I have followed online setups on youtube but when I try to run the program I get the following messages: On the Macbook - Started server, waiting for clients, it then gives the date some other numbers and then starting cocoa loop On the netbook - started client, it then tries to connect to the ip address, watchdog status ok and then it just says it failed to connect to server: timed out. I have setup synergy before but only on two windows pcs but that worked fine. Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know how to sort the issue? Any help would be great
  • 8 months later...
Usually when this happens, there is a firewall preventing communication on the port. Synergy by default uses port 24800. Have you checked your firewall settings on each system, and any equipment in between such as a router? Are you able to ping each system's IP address from the other system? - Brian