Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No 32bit Synergy2 ?

capecutterman

Doesn't look like there's a 32bit Synergy2 - that's a pity because one of my machines is a 32bit dual-core Pentium that runs Linux Mint smooth as silk.

All the other machines (Mac and Windows 10/7 are 64bit) and Synergy1 ties them all together easily and effortlessly . . .

Still, no tears - I can quite understand dropping 32bit support in Synergy2 - and as for the $15, Synergy1 has served me so well over many updates that I think Nick deserves more praise than criticism.

Of course Synergy2 has bugs, it's BETA software in case you moaners didn't notice!  You can pay $15 NOW and help develop Synergy2 while it's in beta or you can wait for the first RTM release and pay a lot more!

Don't get discouraged Nick! 

Mac

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
2 hours ago, capecutterman said:

I can quite understand dropping 32bit support in Synergy2

Don't worry, we're actually releasing that tomorrow :)

• 5 months later...

Back in November you said that you were releasing a 32 bit Synergy 2 version for Linux. Where is it? When I login to download it I only see a 64 bit version for Ubuntu. I purchased the upgrade specifically for my 32 bit system.

Berrychone
On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Don't worry, we're actually releasing that tomorrow :)

It is now last day of April 2018 32bit will not install onto a win XP Pro 32bit, I get an error message "Service Synergy" (Synergy) failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services".  Have sent messages to support, waiting over a week!  anyone here knows the fix??