Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't install/use Beta 5

Nick,

I can now move my cursor from the primary to the secondary desktop and vice versa.  I can also type from the primary to the secondary. 

My current situation is that either I do not know the correct command to set preferences, name the desktops etc. It seems the progress is here, just slow for me.

Advice?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
15 hours ago, Rex Terry said:

My current situation is that either I do not know the correct command to set preferences, name the desktops etc. It seems the progress is here, just slow for me.

Glad it's working now. The background service was probably crashing (we're fixing this now).

The preferences and rename screens features will be coming in version 2.1 (due early next year).

OKay.  Now I have another issue.....my #3 desktop installed and worked fine with Ver 1.8, but when installating either Beta 4 or Beta 5 it tells me "This installation package in not supported by this processor type".

I have Intel core 2 CPU working at [email protected] at 32 bit.  Can this be that antiquated? Is there a 32bit version of the beta?

Your thoughts? 

Edited by Rex Terry
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 hours ago, Rex Terry said:

Is there a 32bit version of the beta?

This will be available tomorrow.

Got the 32 bit downloaded and installed. It took me to the Synergy Screen, asked me to sign in with Symless, which I did, then the screen said "logging you in" Please return to Synergy. I can only take that to mean that I should reopen the "basic" screen which them tells me to "sign in with Symless". I feel like I'm running in circles. here.  I tried uninstalling then reinstalling with no success.

Discovered that the login with Symless was not working. Have resolved by trying the login repeated until it worked, it is working fine now and thanks again for the 32 bit version.  Now, all four machines are working with each other.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
23 minutes ago, Rex Terry said:

Have resolved by trying the login repeated until it worked

Hmm, how many times did you need to attempt the login?

It took a total of seven times counting the reinstall.  It seems to b working fine now. I love this program, just know that "betas" are frought with issues.

Thank you again for the support.

• Like 1